Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Some questions about movie-uniforms (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Some questions about movie-uniforms
Savar
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ideally, I would like to learn everything I can. I am interested in learning how these costumes were designed, the thinking behind them, in addition to the practical info like materials used, significance behind the use of color (TMP uniforms), and rank devices. Much has been written about Bill Thiess, but very little is available about Robert Fletcher.

You mention you found many useful references in the OFficial Star Trek Fact Files. Unfortunately, we in the U.S. don't have access to that publication. Do you know any bookseller that would ship these to the U.S?

IP: Logged
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ideally, I would like to learn everything I can.

I'll make a hp about this.

quote:
You mention you found many useful references in the OFficial Star Trek Fact Files.

Nope, they weren't very useful, eg they show the wrong rank pin-system.

quote:
Unfortunately, we in the U.S. don't have access to that publication. Do you know any bookseller that would ship these to the U.S?

Sorry, I don't know any bookseller. The Fact Files aren't just one work. They publish every week a new issue. In the meantime it has 128 issues in Austria (AFAIK 181 in the UK). One issue costs about 3.25 $. So you would have to pay about 416 $.

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are also in Australia, so try hunting down some Australian sites/newsgroups - people sell there collections from time to time, when they get sick of trying to keep up with it.

Andrew

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ Savar: http://www.geocities.com/fitz8472/startrek/movieuniforms

If I missed something, please inform me.

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited July 25, 2000).]

Savar
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Fitz for the info.
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps