Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Blackholes (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Blackholes
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A neutron star can be described, and is, a mass of neutrons, hence the word neutronium.

A black hole collapses matter far beyond neutrons, quarks, gluons, or any other fundamental particle. What you get is scary scary quantum gooey stuff.

------------------
I am not good with English but excuses me. I hate you whom think bad of the gods of the thunder known under the name of ""Metallica"". Good tape of ""Metallica"" is ""Load"", that you like it or not. A much better tape of Metallica ""Load"" than overrated the tape known under the name of ""Iron Maiden"" ""Powerslave"". You all are penis for the bad one of thought about ""Lars"". ""Lars"" can take a cucumber in bottom of his throat without reflex of muzzle. Lars can too take cucumber in bottom with no stretching of bottom hole sphincter muscle. Thanks for reading.
--
an anonymous fan
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm saving all my love for you.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... Different elements are determined by the number of protons. If you haven't got any protons, you haven't got an element. You just have... stuff. :-)

------------------
"I just measured him. He's about 21"."
-Chris Martin, 14-Jul-2000

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go "stuff"

------------------
1957: The space age begins when the first artificial satellite, Sputnik 1, is placed in orbit by the Soviet Union on October 4. Our German rocket scientists get very
annoyed with their German rocket scientists. � Outpost

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that "corzanium" stuff is bull. All the elements are on the periodic table. And any new ones will be heavier and denser. And if you change the neutrons around, you'll just have isotpoes of the same element. Also, neutronium isn't real. Neutrons can't exist alone for that long. I think neutronium is just supposed to be some futuristic super dense material.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They don't have much of a decision in neutronium. It's created by compression that's so great, the protons & electrons have no choice but to come into contact, cancel each other out, & turn into neutrons. And after that, it's so dense that the neutorns are actually touching each other.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

TerraZ
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, we've actually SEEN a micro-black hole in the second episode with the Hirogens I think. They destroyed the alien com. array by releasing the quantum singularity powering it (I think they even specifically mentionned "black hole"). What we got was a small black hole surrounded by a white vortex. Quite far from what a real black hole would look like (it would distort light around it).

------------------
-If you took that broomstick out of your tail-pipe once in a while, you might have some FUN for a change!
*Rattrap - Beast Wars*

-Let the Fates land where they may!
*Megatron - Beast Machines*

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps