Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Elite Force, what do you expect? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Elite Force, what do you expect?
Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What will you do when you get your hands on that game?
Of course play right through...but i mean afterwards!
I will try to redesign the uniforms of the starfleet charakters into the "First-Contact-Version" and then i will try to design the interior of my own vessel.
Man, hope that will be fun!
An what do you hope or expect the game will be creating?
Is it maybe the best StarTrek PC Game ever?

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

http://www.seventhworld.de.vu

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there was an article about it in my local newspaper, so it must be good...

------------------
"Huh. An intelligent guard. I never would have guessed."
-Preed, Titan A.E.

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, there's an unwritten code that most Star Trek games are mediocre or terrible, w/ very few exceptions. Elite force looks good, but at one point people said that about that Klingon FPS.

------------------
"I just want to set the record straight: I thought the officer was a prostitute"- Homer Simpson

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking forward to elite force being released but i am have not played the demo yet. There is no way i can download a 120 meg demo on a 56k modem. However, most star trek games are very poor such as generations. At present it looks the best star trek game in the near future since some of the games that are going to be released don't look as promising however i hope i am wrong. Sometimes i think the programmers hope the game sells because it has the name star trek written on it.

PS. I look forward to see some of the mods for ef and if it is like Q3A then we are on a winner.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a way to download the demo with a 56k modem!
It is a long one...
I have downloaded the demo an it took me nearly 7 hours, buuuuut i used GetRight...
It is some kind of DownloadHelper, you can stop the dowload whenever you want and resume whenever you want.
I didn't do it all at once, but after 7 days the demo was mine!!!
Anyway, you can wait until some pc-magazines will have the demo on cd!

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
http://members.aol.com/fallenwalls
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgive me. I am unfamilar with this game. Can someone tell me about it? It is like Quake 3 or more like Command and Conquer?

------------------
There's a lady who knows, all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven. -Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's based off of the Quake III engine, so it looks like Q3, except that it involves more strategy. You have to think about what you're doing and solve problems, not just walk around shooting things (though there's some of that, too).

Apparently, it also has a multiplayer mode, which I suppose is basically a Q3 DeathMatch, but in Trek w/ Voyager characters. I haven't actually tried that part out, yet...

------------------
"I just measured him. He's about 21"."
-Chris Martin, 14-Jul-2000

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool.

------------------
There's a lady who knows, all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven. -Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I hope it is good since I started a very long download. Downloaded the first 6 megs, another 110 to go.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
116 megs? That shouldn't be a problem. I've got cable. About 25 dollar a month without any other costs. Well worth it if you download large files. Just keep GetRight running for a night or two and I have it on my PC.

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, well, not everyone has the luxury of a cable modem :-P

------------------
-Preed, Titan A.E.

nx001a
Member # 291

If i had the money I would get an ADSL line but for most people it is too expensive. It is still downloading after 5 hours and 40 minutes. Only another 28 megs to go.

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

My ISP offers a DSL connection. Unfortunately, it's not available in my area

------------------
-Preed, Titan A.E.

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've downloaded the demo with 56K. I had a program to pause downloads too, but I accidently deleted it after 40MB. That's a lot on 56K. Now that I have it downloaded, I play it a lot. There are cheats, but you don't really need them. I hope this become a really good game, from what I've seen it is. I've found no difference playing between male and female expect for when your character gets hurt and in the cinematics. Hopefully I'll have a better computer by the time it comes out.

How much does DSL and Cable cost for other people? Here in Saskatchewan it's $45 for DSL and $40 for Cable. I want to get one of them.

------------------
"Contact in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... more or less."
-Tal Celes "Good Shepard" http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/7647/

[This message has been edited by Commander Paris (edited July 20, 2000).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well, DSL is apparently far superior than cable...

------------------
-Preed, Titan A.E.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps