Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » James Dixon's Fandom Chronology V13 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: James Dixon's Fandom Chronology V13
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Luckily, such novels are rare, and most novels are just good, solid Trek stories."

Really? I thought most of them were complete pants.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing that bothers me about it, is the date of Kirk's first five-year mission.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Trek book about pants. Interesting...

:-)

------------------
"Me, Grimlock, not 'nice dino'! Me, Grimlock, bash brains!"
-Grimlock, Transformers: The Movie

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's be more interesting than most of them.

Enterprise-D arrives as planet to observe some monkey. They beam down. beverly gets hit by a rock and kidnapped. Picard beams down. They look for her. They find that the primitive civilisation who wear tights are going to:

a/ Kill Beverly
b/ Destroy the Enterprise using ancient tecnology
c/ Casually mention the Romulans, then shut up before things get interesting.
d/ all of the above.

And then the writer will make some sort of forshadowing comment about the Borg in First Contact or something, thereby making the reader feel really smart and smug with himself. Blah.

Pants.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope "pants" means something awful in England, because I can't imagine reading a novel and saying to my self, "Damn, this book is a pair of Levi's Silver Tab, Button Fly, Metro Fit Jean. Ugh."

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No anglophile I, but I do believe that British pants=underpants. Why they like to go about clad in nothing but underpants is, of course, a mystery, but I blame the Normans.

------------------
Come on darkness
Lay your body down on us
We've been calling you for so long now
We're weary of your name
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Pull your body for a moment from your soul.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! You should blame everything on the Normans. And that's "you" as in everyone here, not just Sol.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Antagonist Class Badly-Armored Poorly-Equipped Crappy-Fire Support Tug. To search out new armor and batteries. Because, well, we don't have a warp-core. That is my flagship, BTW." - Antag

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps