Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Time to kill off characters (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Time to kill off characters
Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the soon end of Voyager, one must ponder that there is too many crews/characters for the movies. It is very hard to keep track of 3 crews in one movie and it is not feasable to make a movie for each crew. I think it is time to kill off characters. If Brent Spiner want Data killed off then they should let him. What characters do you want to be killed off.

And another thing, they should also mix up the crews. Who ever heard of going up the ranks by staying on the same ship for 10 or 15 years with the same people by your side. who ever heard of two or three captains on the same ship

------------------
"I don't have time to play on the internet, I do have a life."
-Brown_supahero 2000

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Voyager crew will never be featured in any movie, so I don't think you have to worry about that.

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kill Chakotay! KILL KILL!!

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Kill Chakotay! KILL KILL!!

I quote Robert Beltran from an interview:

Q: You're on hiatus now, between seasons six and seven. Do you know how the whole thing is going to end up, aside from badly?
RB: I've no idea, but I have a sneaking suspicion they'll end up killing me off.
Audience: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......
RB: I think they will, I think they'll do something drastic to push the ratings because it's going to take something drastic. I won't be sorry. I think they could very well kill off one or two of us, maybe Neelix and me, I think it's a distinct possibility, because we seem to be superfluous to the show.

Q: If they decide your character should be assimilated by the Borg, how will you react?
RB: If I had to stay in that makeup for two an half hours, I would have to say "No". Besides I'm so sick of the Borg, I never got the Borg, I don't get them. I think they're so boring. (Borg voice) "We're going to assimilate you". "Fine, put me out of my misery. I don't give a damn who you are." There are a lot of things in Shakespeare (laughter)--I mean Star Trek, that just bore the hell out of me. I don't get the Borg, I don't get the Klingons (Klingon voice) "We have honour, we're honourable! We talk like this...." But they still don't understand warp speed technology, they don't take baths. When I mention these things to my friends who like the show, they say "But you're thinking too much. Don't think about it so much" and I say "But how can I not think, I'm in the show, and things have to matter to me as a character." And they say "No, it doesn't have to matter, don't worry about it, don't think about it." I try not to, but some things are just so glaringly stupid, like the Kazon. They have ships as sophisticated as Voyager, but they went nuts because we had water. They want water, so get on your damn ship and fly to a planet that has water! You don't have to buy it piecemeal from us. It's things like that. But I suppose the thing is not to think about it too much. Is that what you do?
Audience: Yes.
RB: Oh, that's good. Now I've got to catch my train. If I'm gone by the thirteenth episode you'll know why. You all have an exclusive. You heard it from me first. I'm really not doing my best to get out of the show, but it would be nice to be free by December! Actually, I hope to stay the whole seventh season, it's up to them, but I have this sneaking suspicion they're going to kill me off. Anyway, it's been great meeting all of you. I hope to see you again, I'll be coming back. Like I said before, I enjoy coming to London. Maybe I'll do a little tour again. It's always great fun meeting you people. English fans are terrific. I always enjoy myself very much. Thank you.

You can see the rest at http://www.robertbeltran.com

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

A scene that was cut from last season's "Rock" episode, Tsumkatse:
Rock: Do ya smell what the Rock's cookin'?
Janeway: Mr. Rock, was that you?
Tuvok: An intriguing smell ...

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOOHOO!!!

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... Seems more to me like he isn't think thinking about things enough, rather than thinking about them too much.

Or, perhaps the Borg have just been irreparably ruined by Voyager, and that's why he doesn't understand them...

------------------
"Me, Grimlock, not 'nice dino'! Me, Grimlock, bash brains!"
-Grimlock, Transformers: The Movie

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I like Beltran. Not Chakotay, but Beltran.

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Amadeus
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beltran rocks. Voyager sucks. I hope they kill off everyone except Tuvok and the Doctor. They'd be the only two making it back to earth.

------------------
Proxima Centauri or Bust
[email protected]

IP: Logged
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They will have to keep 7/9 for the next series!

------------------
http://Slipstreambbs.com

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always felt that Chakotay was the most underused character in the show, and that he could have been so much more. The first season or two established many things about the character (i.e. his spirituality, spirit guides, vision quests, Native American backstory, etc.), but which were never subsequently brought up again later in the show. These things were what made this character "Chakotay," and unfortunately he ended up being just "the captain's first officer." He could have been Joe Smith instead of Chakotay, and there wouldn't have been any difference.

------------------
Bart: "Hey, Dad, I'll trade you this delicious doorstop for that crummy old danish."
Homer: "Done and done...D'oh!"

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To quote Robert Beltran again "I might as well be a Cigar Store Indian"

The man is quite a character. With a prolific stage career.

------------------

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I think Beltran's comments, while at times painfully valid, are pretty darned unprofessional.

------------------
Come on darkness
Lay your body down on us
We've been calling you for so long now
We're weary of your name
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Pull your body for a moment from your soul.

Member # 239

I think working on a show of the extreme quality and calibur as Voyager...

Wait, I mean, working on a show where every problem is solved by some goddamn new particle, or by Seven and her goddamn implants, I think that when you're as extremely underused, and when used, as misused as Beltran, you can say any goddamn thing that you goddamn want.

I say go Beltran. And, despite his "unprofessionalism", he stands the best chance of having work come fall 2001.

------------------
- Dave Barry

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that guy is a loser

------------------

SCSImperium
Member # 397

quote:
are pretty darned unprofessional.

Ah, yes, but that's what makes Robert Beltran a character. Chakotay is some scripted goodie-goodie Federation fill-in who never worries about anything (not a good character). Beltran is a 20th century small-time actor who can't stand the unstability of the Movie/Television industry and thus is grizzled from it. Transfering from the stage to Hollywood is painful to him, and he is experiencing a deep internal conflict (very good, tragic hero-like character).

If the man were to do a movie of his life, it would be a five-star classic. Not to mention the literary angle ...

------------------

[This message has been edited by SCSImperium (edited August 12, 2000).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps