Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Time to kill off characters (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Time to kill off characters
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I'm sure Beltran will get lots of work, what with classics like "Night of the Comet" filling out his resume.

------------------
Come on darkness
Lay your body down on us
We've been calling you for so long now
We're weary of your name
--
Camper Van Beethoven
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Pull your body for a moment from your soul.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did Robert Beltran sneak into your house one christmas and steal all your presents?

Oh, and about:
"Who ever heard of going up the ranks by staying on the same ship for 10 or 15 years with the same people by your side. who ever heard of two or three captains on the same ship "

I know this is crazy, but whoever has heard of a ship that travels through space meeting aliens who understand English and wear trousers?

Sorry, it's just not something that bugs me. People keep comparing it to the real (US) navy. Well, duh, it isn't. You don't get rid of characters because "that's what they do in the military", and you don't kill people off just because you've got too many people running about.
Why'd they have to have them all in the movie anyway? Why'd they have to have any of them? The writers will just pick what characters they want to use, and use them. And then Brent and Pat will ask for lots of money, and they'll drop the cameo's, and then they'll add in more "boobs" jokes, and you've got a classic on your hands.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing I want to know is, in all the modern day stories of encounters w/ extraterrestrial life, why don't any of them wear pants? When humans start visiting other planets, are we going to do it in the nude, too?

------------------
"Me, Grimlock, not 'nice dino'! Me, Grimlock, bash brains!"
-Grimlock, Transformers: The Movie

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Trek, everyone is well known and aquintated. Even the Kazon in the Delta Quadrant seem to know who humans are. When Janeway walks up to the Kazon leader in the first episode of the series, he doesn't seem surprised at all. It goes as far as that civilizations that are not space faring, or know very little about space, aren't shocked about seeing aliens pass by and stop in for tea. It's commonplace in the future.

The alien philosophy nowadays is that they don't want to frieghten us. Wearing clothes might seem imposing. So instead they abduct us on country roads.

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

A scene that was cut from last season's "Rock" episode, Tsumkatse:
Rock: Do ya smell what the Rock's cookin'?
Janeway: Mr. Rock, was that you?
Tuvok: An intriguing smell ...

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps