Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek Uniform colors (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Trek Uniform colors
streetrodgal
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone tell me what color the
SCIENCE officer's uniforms were on
Star Trek? I am thinking blue...

IP: Logged
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you would be right.
streetrodgal
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobbes...
Thanks much!

-street

IP: Logged
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what were the turqouise colored uniforms from later TNG days. I think Picard wore one, when Q made him be all cautious and stuff, so that he never ended up a captain.

------------------
"Homer, you're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly,
if a strange man offers you a ride, I say take it"-Abe S.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picard was a science officer there. That was a science uniform. Hence, it was blue.

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, i just always thought the color was a little, you know, off, but what do i know, its been like 5 years since i've seen that ep.

------------------
"Homer, you're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly,
if a strange man offers you a ride, I say take it"-Abe S.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd guess it's just because they'd have to have made a new uniform for Stewart that fit his measurements, but in blue. Thus he'd have a completely new uniform, which would be a brighter shade than the Crusher's, which'd been around for about five years, and would have undoubtably faded.

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sheer thought that the highest rated show in syndication would use the same articles of clothing for five years is downright comical. Yeah, I know they cost more than a thousand bucks a pop, but it's still a ridiculous idea.

------------------
"...I was just up in Canada, Toronto actually. You know, they really hate you guys [Americans] up there? The funny thing is, they think you hate them back, when in fact, you just couldn't be bothered to care. Now in Ireland, it's a different story. At least we had the common decency to wait until the English invaded before we started hating them. I guess the Canadians are hating you in advance..."
-Irish Comic Ed Byrne on Canada-US relations

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, don't forget that the 'womens' uniform was shaped differently where as the 'male' uniform sort of just when flat down... well not on Riker anyways

------------------
"I threw bitter tears at the ocean
But all that came back was the tide..." 'I Will Not Forget You' Sarah McLachlan

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Science Division colors:

TOS - blue
TMP - orange
Movies 2-7 - gray
TNG, DS9, VOY - blue

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
29th century:
Command: purple
Security: gold/brownish
Science: dark greenish

------------------
"Godzilla. Accept no expensive imitations."
- Eric Tolle, Usenet.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah! 29th century. What's a bet the nature of the EMH's mobile emmiter will nullify any presence of the 'future' anyways... think about it... As soon as the Feds get their hands on it... (29th century technology) they'll go nuts... and alter the future. At the moment no change has occured (i.e. Braxton still around etc) because each time the Doc has gone to the Alpha Quadrant... he's just been the hologram version (no mobile emitter)

Isn't it funny how the only member of Voyager to have visited the Alpha Quadrant in the past seven years has been the Doctor who was only 'born' in the Delta Quadrant?

Andrew

------------------
"I threw bitter tears at the ocean
But all that came back was the tide..." 'I Will Not Forget You' Sarah McLachlan

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Born' in the Delta Quadrant?

From what I know he was first activated in the Alfha Quadrant, in the episode 'Relativity'.

------------------
"Godzilla. Accept no expensive imitations."
- Eric Tolle, Usenet.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait... They didn't show that, did they? If they did, there's a problem, because I know they've made specific references to the doctor being first activated in "Caretaker", after the arrival in the DQ...

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The post season 3 TNG uniforms for the women were one piece unifroms, like the first two season unifroms. however, the men got two-piece uniforms. to cover up the fact that most of them were getting a wee bit fatter every year.

The colours on TNG are definetly muted from TOS. They were bright Gold/Red and blue, whereas on TNG the red is more maroon, the gold is more muted yellow, and the blue is whatever muted blue is called.

And the writers might know when the doctor was first activated. They might also be able to tell their arses from their elbows. Don't hold your breath though.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps