Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek 1 DVD (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star Trek 1 DVD
nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read in a magasine somewhere that the STTMP DVD will include scenes that was cut from the film. I was wondering does anyone have more information on this?

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard that there will be a scene with Admiral Nogura.

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

RAMA
Member # 380

- posted      Profile for RAMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look on this site
http://talk.trekweb.com/articles/2000/07/20/964147223.html

------------------
Recession repression regression
Shifts of scenery
And warning tremors of landslides
The sun comes down
The mountains move aside
Your kingdom slips out of your hands

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good but i hope these extras are included in the region 2 DVD when it is released.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an article from a magazine upstairs on all the cut scenes... and how they would effect the movie. I'll go and get it and type it out later, if anyone wants.

They mention that there are some sections were the orchestrations need to be added. Will they be doing this for the DVD?

Andrew

------------------
"I threw bitter tears at the ocean
But all that came back was the tide..." 'I Will Not Forget You' Sarah McLachlan

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only heard rumors, but they all seem to agree that this release is going to be anywhere from somewhat to vastly different from previous ones. I would look into it more closely, but as I don't yet have a DVD player any such features are lost on me.

------------------
Conservative, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.
--
Ambrose Bierce
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! It's useless to struggle.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NX: If the region 2 ones don't have them, you can always buy the region 1 ones. Try Express.com. Actually, even accounting for shipping, it's often cheaper to buy them from there than it would be to buy them in the shops.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

nx001a
Member # 291

The only problem is the DVD player i have on my computer is region 2 only and so will the PS2. So for the near future i am stuck with region 2 DVD's only.

------------------

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my experience this Region-problem something to do with your DVD-Rom and the player you are using, NX!

First you must know which DVD-Rom you have, than you must look in some kind of ROM list to see if your ROM is region locked
Go to:
http://www.7thzone.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?id_page=locklist
for example.

there are five kinds of DVD-Roms:
1.Drive is region free by default (RPC-1) (best choice)
2.Drive needs firmware update to be region free (at your own risk)
3.NEVER remove RPC jumper or drive will be region locked, FOREVER !!!
4.Drive is definitively region locked (RPC-2) (worst choice)
Or no trick's known to make it region free yet.
5.Drive is region locked by default (RPC-2).
A flash utility can erase/reset region counter within its firmware : you can change region as often as you wish (at your own risks).

if you have one of the good ones, than you must online find a good dvd-player which you can "overwrite".

There is a good tool called DVD-Genie.... This disables the lock codes.

That's the way you can enjoy Region1 DVDs on a Region2 DVD-ROM!

I for myself have a Region2 DVD-ROM....

Good luck!

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
http://www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis

Visit Rogue Fleet! The new StarTrek Internet RPG.
RogueFleet
Applications are still running!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any purpose to the region thing, or is is just another monopolistic brainchild of the Motion Picture Association of Assholes?

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rememeber reading about it, but I forget the details.

But to make an unfounded guess, I'd say that its an effort to track sales or keep them local. Sell version X in one place, and if it turns up where version Y should be, you know something fishy is going on.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, like somebody bought the disc while they were on vacation? Or a friend who lives somewhere else got tired of it and gave it to them? There would be so many possibilities, it wouldn't do any good for finding "fishy" situations.

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there are two reasons for region locks!

1. that was mentioned above... to keep the incomings for bought dvds local. (exp. First Contact bought in USA R1 -> money goes to Paramount USA --- First Contacr bought in Germany -> money goes to Paramount Germany)

2. Release Dates! Most of the movies released in the USA have a delayed showing here in Europe! (exp. The movie "Girls, Interrupted" was released here in Germany in July (or so), as i went to my local Comic-Shop they already had the movie as US DVD (r1).

I think they're just afraid people will buy more DVDs than walk into the cinemas! Which is total nonsense cause an imported R1 DVD costs about 30$ here, and a local R2 20$.... and of course a cinema ticket about 7$!

Don't let me transfer it into Euro's!

=> �

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
http://www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis

Visit Rogue Fleet! The new StarTrek Internet RPG.
RogueFleet
Applications are still running!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Now that you've mentioned it, I'd bet that release date argument is the main reason.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which is rediculous, they should release movies at the same time, at least in English speaking countries... I mean its crazy that we see movies in Australia (sometimes) a few months after the states, and everything has been spoiled. Luckily The X-men movie wasn't like that.

I hope that The Lord of the Rings movies is released around the world at the same time.

Andrew

------------------
"I threw bitter tears at the ocean
But all that came back was the tide..." 'I Will Not Forget You' Sarah McLachlan

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps