Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek 1 DVD (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star Trek 1 DVD
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know, when the DVD will be released?

------------------
"Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's apparently taking them longer than they thought, though I had never seen an official release date announced. If I had to guess, I'd say fourth quarter 2001. That's a nice solid date. It's also when TNG is rumored to make its DVD appearence.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will they be releasing the other Trek series on DVD too?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almost certainly. But there haven't been any official announcements about them yet.

------------------
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured they would, I should have been more specific in asking if they made any kind of official announcement or plans to soon.
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the second and third series will be done on DVD and have a long, successful run. However, I think that the demand for the fourth series is lower and that this series may not be done on DVD. And the fifth series, which could be completed by 2010, may be offered on a variant of the DVD or another recordable device.

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Oh, of course they'll do Voyager.

------------------
--
Neutral Milk Hotel

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an article from the Dallas Observer about the restoration of ST:TMP
http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues/2001-02-08/stuff.html

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder will Paramount release the DVD's in a 4 episode format or will they release it all in a special box set.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Four? Ha! Try two. You wouldn't want people to get away with buying fewer DVDs than necessary.

Though that's TOS. I suppose it could always change in the future.

------------------
--
Neutral Milk Hotel

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They ARE selling the TNG-episodes with four ep's a piece. At least in my country.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That new article about TMP has at least one highly interesting comment that I can't really make heads or tails of. Is the "memory wall" sequence going to be in the new version or not? The wording couldn't be less clear...

Timo Saloniemi

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, the recent trend for box sets here in the UK has made Star Trek seem ridiculously overpriced. �30 gets you half a season of Angel or Buffy. �13 gets you TWO episodes of Star Trek.

So... �60 per Buffy/Angel season, �169 for a season of Star Trek. And I'd much rather have a season of Angel than a season of Voyager.

Hell, even the limited run box sets, like the X-Files, never cost �100 for a season.

And they're just starting to release Buffy on DVD now. The first season for �30-40 (I can't remember), with commentary on selected episodes. What extras are their on the TOS DVD's? What extras will there by on the TNG DVD's? HMM? Answer me!

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds horrible!

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timo: I agree that's a poorly written sentence. I think it means that the memory wall scene is unseen footage that WON'T be included in the new version. I think.

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps