Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The first 5 season 6 episodes!! (BIG $$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The first 5 season 6 episodes!! (BIG $$$)
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SEASON SIX - VOYAGER

STV527 'NO PLACE...' (Voy. returns home)
STV528 '...LIKE HOME'
STV529 'GLORY TO THE DAMNED' (written R.D.Moore, Torres show)
STV530 'TRUE WILL, part 1'
STV531 'TRUE WILL, part 2' (Seven stands trial)

+ TWO NEW VOYAGER TELE-MOVIES, INCLUDING ONE ABOUT THE DEMONIC RACE FROM 'EQUINOX' AND 'NO PLACE...'

------------------
"Isn't Y2K year 2048?? I mean last time I checked 1K was 1024.
Now that Y1.953125K now that's where the real problem lies..."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh... Where'd you hear this?

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got my sources...

(Note: This may change however, you never know...)

------------------
Now that Y1.953125K, that's where the real problem lies..."

[This message was edited by Altair on May 06, 1999.]

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How the hell can you do a season of Voyager in the Alpha quad?!!!

Hooray! We're home!
Right, frog-march all the maquis in for a court trial. Ooooh, such moving testimony Captain Janeway, alright they can go free. Ah, your ship taken a bit of a beating, eh? Never mind. A year in spacedock'll get it all spanking new. In the meantime, see your families, take six months shore leave, smell the roses, go swimming in the Gulf of Mexico..

Yeah, that'll make a really exciting season....

The whole point is the series is about a journey home. It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive!

------------------
"Plagues extinguished, the world becomes smaller.
For a long time there is peace in empty lands.
People will walk safely by air, land, sea, waves.
Then again wars will be stirred up..."

- Nostradamus, 1568

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't one of the writers or whatever say that Voyager wouldn't be returning to Earth? Not that it's a good thing...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Walter Barnett: "D-Did that thing just shatter an overpass into dust?"
Donny Finkleberg: "No, I...I think it was an entrance ramp."

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Brannon Braga said:
"There are no plans to bring Voyager home now. The season finale will not do that. It's the first time we've said that. I don't think that's a secret at this point. Maybe in the first episode of next season."

------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... Well, based on facts I've heard so far, this *might* be true. Emphasis on "might."

1. We know in "Equinox" that they find a Fed ship that's basically gone to the Dark Side of the Force, and has discovered a superfast drive system that causes harm to certain alien. I'll call it "badwarp" for now, since from what I understand, its a suped-up warp drive. I've heard two endings for this episode:

A. The Equinox leaps into badwarp to get away from Voyager after messing with the Doc. Janeway, determined to catch them, orders Voyager to also leap into badwarp. Voyager vanishes in a flash of light. To be continued...

B. The Equinox leaps into badwarp to get away from the aliens, leaving Voyager at their mercy. Aliens board the ship, one rushes right at Janeway. To be continued...

If we go with ending A, the Season 6 opener could very well start with Voyager coming out of badwarp. Ending B doesn't neccessarily mean that returning to the Alpha Quadrant is ruled out, its just a lot more unlikely.

2. We do know that Ron Moore is writing a B'Elanna episode that has something to do with Klingons. However, as we have seen in episodes such as "Day of Honor" (in my opinion, the worst Voyager episode of all time), they can still do that in the Delta Quadrant.

3. I'm not sure if this is confirmed or not, but Admiral Ross might be appearing in a Voyager episode. It's been assumed this was "Relativity," but I've heard the admiral in that episode is not Ross.

Now, three things I'd like to point out:

1. I'm still extremely skeptical of this episode listing. I really wouldn't like Voyager to get home until its last season (which may or may not be Season 6).

2. Returning to the Alpha Quadrant doesn't necessarily mean they have to stay there. With transwarp/slipstream/"badwarp" technology they've brought back, its possible that with their Delta Quadrant experience, Starfleet could send them right back, but this time, they could go home at will.

3. Why put Seven on trial? I'm assuming this is for acts while she was a Borg, but they didn't put Picard on trial for destroying the Wolf 359 fleet...

------------------

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Nice piece of reasoning.
I'm now more convinced that ever that they will get home.

About your last point:
- Data was put on trial for being human or not.
- (Jadzia) Dax was put on trial for being 1 person or 2 'beings'.

Maybe this two-parter will be something similar.

------------------

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

Oh, and I forgot the #1 reason why Voyager would probably get home in the Season 6 premiere:

So they can skip over the Beta Quadrant.

*Starts shaking Voyager writers*

It exists! It exists!

(Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system.)

------------------

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm....

* Remains extremely sceptical*

It seems to me that bringing Voyager back to the AQ is a bit of a cop-out -- as Monty pointed out, the whole selling point of the franchise in the first place was that they'd be in the DQ. Now, I'm not saying that returning them to the AQ is a bad thing; with DS9 gone, it would leave only the next TNG movie as the AQ's premier story-teller.
It just seems to me that they're pulling the plug just as the stories START to get really imaginative i.e. too soon.

By the way (and I know this is going WAAAAY back), but does anyone out there remember the "Battle" series of comics printed in Britain about 10 years ago? In them, there was a young pilot flying for the Luftwaffe but was in actual fact a young British pilot who had failed to get into the RAF. And now he was flying for the Germans, but secretly fighting against them, and doing all this without the knowledge of the British command.
* Thinks it was called "Lofty's Private War", or something along those lines. *

The point is, no-one thought he would get home, but he did. And when he did, the boys at Whitehall asked him to go back.
Wouldn't it be funny if Starfleet Comm. returned Janeway et al to the DQ -- not impossible, as Voyager must have stumbled across more different types of propulsion than any other ship in existence:
---the co-axial warp drive in "Vis-a-vis";
---a Borg with a practical knowledge of transwarp conduits("Day of Honour"), and, I'm sure, a fairly good idea of at least 10(?) others;
---they had the opportunity to grab a transwarp drive off a Borg ship twice ("Unity (if they were quick), and "Dark Frontier");
---slipstream drive - need I say more?
---the "transwarp" (sic) seen in "Threshold".
---and now Krenim's badwarp.
Come to think of it, why couldn't they have gotten home earlier with all the technology at their fingertips?!!
[O'Brien would have had circumnavigated the outer rim of the galaxy with DS9 itself if he got his mits on Voyager's data files and the propulsion goodies lying therein]

Comments on Voyager's crew's inability to use all of these toys to their benefit?
(and don't anyone dare bring up "Timeless"--it should have happened yonks ago.)

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Timeless...

Just kidding.

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

LB4747
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got back an e-mail from Bryan Fuller. I asked him about these rumors, and this was his response:

quote:
Thanks for the note. I can dispel the rumors you wrote about in your e-mail. None of them are true and bare no resemblance to the actually episodes we're working on. The first episode is the second half of the cliffhanging two-parter from Season Five. The second episode we just started breaking today and has yet to be given a title. No plans to use the creatures from the Equinox two-parter in any further episodes as of yet. And no plans to bring Voyager home, either. We wanted to do that at the end of Season Five, but the studio vetoed the idea.

So, they wanted to bring home Voyager at the end of this season, and Paramount didn't want them to do it. Interesting...

------------------
Lawrence Boucher

[This message was edited by LB4747 on May 06, 1999.]

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I like LB4747's information better...

I'm also wondering if they would actually spell out the whole story in the title (i.e. "No Place...") and if they'd have "connecting titles" (i.e. "No Place..." "... Like Home").

------------------
Quark: "Lesson number one: No one involved in extra-legal activity considers himself nefarious." (DS9: "The Sound of Her Voice")

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I want from Voyager?

No AQ until the very end, if even then (movies?)
However, i'm curious about the far Beta Quad

And someone tell Ron Moore that if he inflicts yet another bloody Kilngon show on a series which has up to now been mercifully spared this tedious sub-genre, I will demonstrate the use of the internal cutting edges of a bat'leth on his private parts.

------------------
"Plagues extinguished, the world becomes smaller.
For a long time there is peace in empty lands.
People will walk safely by air, land, sea, waves.
Then again wars will be stirred up..."

- Nostradamus, 1568

Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, if you've looked at a map of the galaxy lately.....you'd know that the beta quadrant isnt exactly on the way home....

Personally, I kinda like the idea of Voyager going home and the crew returning to their old lives....but after a time they begin to miss the "family" they formed on Voyager and (as crazy as this might sound) begin to use one of the many new propulsion methods they've discovered to explore more of the delta quadrant....only this time with the ability to return home whenever they disired.

------------------
"Well yeah ok thats just about the most awful thing I've ever seen"

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps