Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek 10 and the Romulan connection (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Trek 10 and the Romulan connection
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After I watched Flesh and Blood, my news channel had an interview with Rick Berman about the next Star Trek movie. The thing that stuck to my mind was that there will be Romulans in the next film. Does anyone want to guess what kind of nemesis will Picard go up against or if Sela will show up?

------------------
"Oh for fuck's sake, stop your moaning,
If you fancy a threesome at this time of night, you can't get start getting choosey about which particular three!
-Queer As Folk, UK

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*checks title* Or if a Starfleet security-person (starring Gene Hackman) endlessly pursues a Ketracel-shipping old romulan near the NZ!

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my GOD...
I certainly hope that the ancient 'Picard is actually a Romulan' rumor isn't going to be used...

------------------
Buffy: "See, this is a school. And we have students and they check out books and then they learn things."
Giles: "I was beginning to suspect that was a myth."
- Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Picard is a Romulan" rumor -- never heard it, want to explain in more detail?

Man, I was hoping it would snow when I woke up ... ugh

Please no Sela.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Rated 7 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a rumor for First Contact I believe. It was rumored that the Romulans were the major bad guys. In the movie we would find out that Picard was a Romulan and that his memory would return. Then the Romulans would take him back and get all his knowledge.

Eventually we heard that the Rumolans would not be in First Contact, and the rumor died.

------------------
Buffy: "See, this is a school. And we have students and they check out books and then they learn things."
Giles: "I was beginning to suspect that was a myth."
- Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way! That would be totally unbelieveable. With all the times that Crusher has examined him? She would've figured it out by now.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Dr. Crusher's a Romulan too!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Rated 7 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my gawd, you all are telling me the entire command staff of the Enterprise are Romulan Infaltraiters??

------------------
Well, it's done, yes, the deed is done.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, come on. Gotta have Sela. If it centers around the Rommies, then it probably has to do with the whole Reunification thing I've been harping on for a year or two.

But since we're talking about Rommies and Sela, tell me: what evidence do we have that the alternate Tasha Yar is dead? The word of her Romulan daughter? She had every reason to lie to Picard about that. For all we know, she could still be alive in some Romulan prison somewhere. She'd be Picard's age by now, but...

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, so she can replace Crusher.... Or Data can find out if there is a difference between younger and older woman....

------------------
Well, it's done, yes, the deed is done.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to see them go back in time and save Tasha, keeping Sela from ever being born. Would require some makeup for Mrs Crosby, but they have been keeping Data young for some time now.

------------------
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
Bob Dylan

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

When did we last Sela? The Klingon "civil war" right?

I mean, whose to say she's even a "power" in the Romulan government anymore? She may have been removed from command following her failure to get reinforcements through (her own damn fault for being too lazy to "fly around" the Federation ships...)

Heck, she could've died fighting the Dominion, or in the Tal'shiar attack on the Founder Homeworld ...

I for one hope they leave Sela alone. Besides which, Sela is the kind of characters that would be hard to explain to non-Trek movie-goers, so she'll probably be left out ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sela was last seen in the "Unification" two-parter, getting outwitted by Picard, Data, and Spock on Romulus.

------------------
Kang/Kodos in '04!

[This message has been edited by Krenim (edited December 05, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Ah! See -- there we go, she bungles the planned invasion of Vulcan, so what good is she? Especially after the whole fiasco involving the Klingon Civil War ... sheesh ... I bet the Praetor wasn't too very happy ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my dream story, Sela has taken the Romulans who don't want the Alliance with the Feds and Klingons to continue after the war, and joined forces with the equally unhappy Breen. In the begining of the film, ships are being surprise attacked by overwhelming numbers, putting everyone on alert, and the fight is on. They said at one point that they wanted an action film, and there's nothing like blowing up ships.

------------------
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
Bob Dylan

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps