Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek 10 and the Romulan connection (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Trek 10 and the Romulan connection
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's not gunfights. There's something lost in disintegrating someone, compared to an ol' .44.

Kinda like hanging up the phone for dramatic effect in the old days. You could slam the reciever on the cradle for anger, now you can only push a button, smaller than your pinky-toe nail.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I can't see ANYone in the Alpha Quadrant teaming up with the Breen... ever again... they have just shown to be the WORST! Worse than even the Romulans... no offence to any Romulans present...

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should point out that if there are any Romulans present, I shall be forced to take them outside and slap them silly, until they take off the fake ears, and go and get a proper job. Not one in a comic shop.

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read where Ron Moore has basically hinted that the Romulans are to appear in Trek 10. Now weither that be true or not, time will tell.

But why not? Klingon's and Borg have hogged up the big screen for the biggest majority of the Trek films. It's time to drag the Romulans out of the proverbial closet, dress em' up and finally GIVE them their moment of fame. :-)

Quatre.

------------------
"Omae o korusu..." - Heero Yuy

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing as how Ron Moore is going to have about as much input into the next Trek film as Bugsy Malone, I'm not quite sure what to make of that.

------------------
"I finally see that what we thought was a fun way to celebrate our love was really an expression of hostility and disrespect toward Jesus."
--
Bill Metz, in The Onion
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...

Anyway, if ST:X is going to be about Romulans, I envision this:

After the Dominion wars, the pact between the Feds, Klingons and Romulans is maintained. The Rommies, however, are not so happy to be partners with the Klingons, and vice versa. They start fighting, the Feds intervene, and we get 90 minutes of pure space action. Rommies abusing the Neutral Zone (which has been cancelled for some reason, during the alliance) to kick the Feds' butts, the Breen and the Cardies join the fight, and we get a complete Alpha Quadrant war. In the (happy) end, everyone's friends again, the Rommies and the Vulcans are re-unified, the Klingons, the Cardies and the Rommies join the Federation...

I hope it won't be that way...

------------------
Signature.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see how the Cardies could fight ...

Seeing as Cardassia is more than likely occupied and their military equipment is under Alliance custody ...

Yeah, if it happened that way, I would *never* go to a Trek film or watch an episode of Trek ever again ... that would be the .40 to the brain of the Star Trek franchise ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited December 09, 2000).]

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Trek 10 will be a spy thriller ala "The Hunt for Red October". Only with Romulans and a brand new, bad-ass Romulan warship.

And Sela could be the villian!

OK. I'll be quiet now.

Quatre.

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Yeah, if it happened that way, I would *never* go to a Trek film or watch an episode of Trek ever again ... that would be the .40 to the brain of the Star Trek franchise ..."

Now, you get people who say this, but then you also get people who say:
"Yeah, Voyager's crap, but it's Trek, so I'll watch it anyway."

Or, as a variation:
"Voyager's crap, so I'll NEVER EVER WATCH STAR TREK AGAIN!"

Jeez, what's wrong with judging every film and TV series on it's own merit. I read Peter Parker. Doesn't mean I'm gonna rush out and buy "Amazing Spider-Man", just because it's part of the same "franchise".

I've just realised that the above comments make me look like some saddo who reads comic books. But I'm not a pathetic loser who reads comics cause he has no friends. No, I read them because all the girls in them have really big tits.

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you watch Voyager for the tits?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

Voyager has breasts?

Quatre.

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Why do you think all Starfleet ships are "she"?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited December 10, 2000).]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks at torpedo-muzzles*
*blushes*

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The klingons joining the federation....unlikely.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps