Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Starfleet and Numbers (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Starfleet and Numbers
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmm, CAPITALS, would be nice Jacob, plus maybe some paragraph structure.

Can someone add that to the FAQs??? It's been awhile since I looked at them, so it may be there....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bite me.

--jacob

IP: Logged
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re Ambassador Class:

Regarding the discussion of the painting that appears as the front gatefold of The Art of Star Trek. Yes, it IS an Ambassador class, not a "early version" of the D as the book erroneously claims (Andy Probert himself crossed off the D and wrote C there when he signed my copy). He said the painting in question was produced because one script called for an Ambassor class starship to appear in the final shot of one 1st season episode, and he painted it for a matte shot (with blinking lights to be added in post) where the ship would be seen waiting in the distance as the E-D flew towards her. But, he said, TPTB decided to use a stock Escelsior model shot in its place.

I'll have to ask Andy about it sometime...but I suspect he may have added the planet and stars later. I also have to ask why the pylons seem to come directly off the hull, which would have given the ship one helluva wide ass!

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A matte starship shot, huh? That would have looked...different. Or maybe not, what do I know.
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
re "Matte starship shot":

It WAS done in the episode with the Binars. A matte painting of the D and the spacedock interior was used for shots where you could see the "gangway" attached to the docking port at the base of the D's neck.

Adn personally, I'd take a matte painting of a new ship than yet another kitbash of existing parts slung togethetr whilly nilly.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh ya would, would ya?

(***lets loose a string of mild curses under his breath***)

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

HappyTarget
Member # 670

- posted      Profile for HappyTarget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel that the most likely explanation as to why we see so few ambasadors is that the SFX guys were too lazy to do a cgi for em. They were probably used with other fleets which saw more action as they were still a good sized ship and could take a bit of punishment(a la "Yesterday's Enterpirse").

--------------------
Jack O'Neal - I like their style. Shoot first, send flowers later.

Todd Flanders - Ow, my fricken ears!

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps