Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Your favorite scenes... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Your favorite scenes...
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They've made us laugh, they've made us cry, they've made us say, "What the Hell were the writers thinking?!?!?"

I'd like to hear some nominations for your favorite Trek scenes in the catagories of humor, f/x, action, and drama.

This all sprang from my thoughts about my nomination for the comedy scene below.

I'll start it off:

Comedy: The whole end of the TNG episode where Q loses his powers and comes aboard the ship. The Mexican band and the women for Worf and Riker were great. That was Q at his most precocious.

Special F/X: Voyager crash landing on the Ice Planet in "Timeless" I still have to watch the thing 3 times whenever I watch the tape.

Action: Any of the fight scenes with the Jem'Hadar. Especially Dax and Sisko. The martial arts moves they do are pretty killer.

Drama: Sisko being pulled from his cabin on the Saratoga leaving his dead wife behind in "Emissary". Actually, that whole opening sequence was pretty cool.

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Comedy: In the episode Qpid when Worf get so irritated with Laforge's Guitar like thingy that he smashs it against a tree, then he hands it back to LaForge while flatly apologizing. I also love that part when Worf was crying out "I AM NOT A MARRY MAN!"

Action: This is a tough one. With me, it's a tie between the battle scene in ST:FC and the scene where Janeway crashes Voyager into Annorax's timeship.

Special F/X: This is also a tough one. I have to get back to you on this one.

(This is beside the point, but didn't SF:FC get nominated for best visual F/X in the acadamy awards? Along with nominations for best music, best sound F/X, and best make up? A vaugly remember ST:FC getting nominated for at LEAST 2 of the 4 catagories I mentioned.)

Drama: I'm going to have to get back to you on this catagory as well. sorry.

------------------
"We have to get drunk immediately."----Gattaca

IP: Logged
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Comedy: That scene in "The Dauphin:"
*fade in*
Worf: "RAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH!"
Wesley: "So you're saying I should go ROAR at her?"
Worf: "MEN do not roar, WOMEN roar."
Wes: "What else do they do?"
Worf: "They... hurl heavy objects... *gets dreamy look* and claw at you..."
Wes: "What does the man do?"
Worf: *still dreamy* "He reads... love poetry... *comes back to his senses, glances around* He ducks a lot."
Wes: "Thanks Worf, but I think I'll try something a little less dangerous."
Worf: "Go to her door. BEG, like a Human."

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rather enjoyed the scene in "Ensigns of Command", where Picard demands that the situation between the Federation and the Sheliak be arbitrated by a species who is in the middle of their hibernation cycle ... and then cuts the Sheliak off before they can respond.

Or, from "Menage 'a Troi", where Picard counts down to the destruction of Tog's vessel while quoting Shakespeare.

"Now we get to go look for clues!"
"And ... that's fun?"
"YES!"
Picard & Guinan on the Holodeck in Clues.

For Drama, when the Enterprise faces off against Tomalock's ships in "The Defector."

"You have thirty seconds to decide."

"I do not require one, Tomalock!"

"Captain Picard, I implore you! Consider the men and women you would lead into a lost cause."

"If the cause is just, and honorable, they are prepared to give their lives. Are you prepared to die today, Tomalock?"

"I expected more from you than an idle threat, Captain Picard."

"Then you shall have it. Mr. Worf...?"

At which point three Klingon battleships decloak.

"Klingon warships -- armed, and ready."

"You will still not survive our assault!"

"And you shall not survive ours. Shall we die together?"

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as drama goes, my two favorite scenes are from "The Visitor" and "Sacrifice of Angels" respectively.

In the former, my most favorite scene (and there were many) was when old Jake tells Sisko that he's been given a second chance, right before he dies and the scene reverts to the Defiant's engine room.

In the latter, pretty much the last half of the episode, starting from when the Klingon ships arrive on the scene (straight out of the Millennium Falcon at the end of Star Wars), through the trip into the wormhole, Sisko's meeting with the Prophets, the Jem'Hadar fleet vanishing, and the retaking of Deep Space Nine.

------------------
Lisa: "OK, now we're gonna pick jobs out of the chore hat. Dad, you go first."
Homer: "Come on, bikini inspector...scrub toilet! Ohhhwww...OK, that was a practice..."

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it must have been "Hide and Q".

"What a piece of work is man..."

"Qpid", where Worf smashes Geordi's mandolin.

"Sorry."

And where Troi shoots Data.

"Deja Q"

"I am HUMAN! What must I do to convince you!?"

"Die."

"Very funny, Worf. Eat any good books lately?"

"Tapestry"

"Q, you are not God! The universe is not so badly designed!"

"Blasphemy! You're lucky I don't cast you out, or... or smite you, or something."

------------------
"Omega is right."
-Jeff Karrde, March 18, 2001 08:47 PM

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You'd shoot a man in the back?"

"Well, it's the safest way, isn't it?"

------------------
OH NO< THE OLD MAN WALKS HIS GREEN DOG THAT SHOTS PINBALLS!~!!!
--
Jeff K
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and nothing at all will happen.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best Action:
"The Siege of AR-588", desperately fighting Jem'Hadar in slow-motion with Vic Fontaine music playing loud. Very touchy.

------------------
"Fuck L Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones.
Fuck all those gun-toting
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, Ænima

---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Comedy: The computer telling Data to shut up when he starts to expound on a subject in detail.

Data:"It is.... It is green"

Voy episode where Tuvok and Neelix are having an argument about whether Tuvok always has to have the last word.

Drama: "Darmok..... and Jelaar at Tenagra........when the walls fell"

Action: DS9 When Worf et al. are taken to the Jem Hadar prison and Worf takes on the Jem Hadar one at a time.

Special FX: Generations, when the Enterprise crashes.

------------------
"If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kickboxing."

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Comedy:

The Italian food debate in TVH, Troi and Riker explaining the Phase to Picard in "Manhunt", most of the Kirk/Spock/McCoy stuff from TFF, most of "Deja Q" -- but especially Data laughing, Troi's 'what's a core breach' scene from "Disaster" -- oh wait... that wasn't meant to be comedic...

VFX:

The refit E-D swooping up on the Klingons in "All Good Things...", the first time the Defiant fired phasers in "The Search, Part 1", the final scene in "Call to Arms", the whole sequence from the cut to the orbital office to the launch of the Enterprise in TMP.

Action:

Stealing the Enterprise in TSFS (hey, I count it), the assualt on Paradise City in TFF, the fight at the deflector dish in FC, the run for the caves in INS, Worf's calesthenics progam in "Where Silence Has Lease"... Surprisingly few actually. I'm tough to please when it comes to action sequences.

Drama:

Most of "The Wounded", most of "The Measure of a Man", most of "Best of Both Worlds, Part 1", most of "Family", most of "Chain of Command" -- both parts, most of "In the Pale Moonlight", most of "The Meld", most of "Living Witness", most of "Duet", the destruction of the Enterprise in TSFS, most of the interaction between Picard and Anij in INS, the E-D coming upon the Horatio's debris field in "Conspiracy", the E-D demolishing the Lantree in "Unnatural Selection", Riker's bits aboard the I.K.C. Pagh in "A Matter of Honor", the discovery of the Borg corpse in "Blood Fever", the rest of "The Neutral Zone" -- from where Ralph decides to find out whats going on, Tasha's memorial in "Skin of Evil", most of "The First Duty"... I have quite a few in this category...

--Jonah

------------------
"It's obvious I'm dealing with a moron..."

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which explains nicely why threads like this always become pointless - sooner or later someone has to list damn near everything. At once. Christ almighty, why can't people just pick ONE scene?

------------------
"It strikes me that there are enough episodes of the Simpsons that people could speak entirely in Simpsonese, using references from the show to explain or describe an endless series of situations. Nelson and Apu . . . at Tinagra.

But now I�ve brought Star Trek into it again, haven�t I. Sorry."

- James Lileks, 09/04/2001

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so here we go:

FX: The whole sequence of the Defiant's "run" from SoA.

Action: The boarding fight scenes from "Way of the Warrior".

Comedy: Riker explaining the computer to that stupid Ferengi in "Rascals": "Don't touch that or you'll blow up the firomactal drive!"

Drama: Hard choice between "The Visitor" and "Jetrel". I'd suggest the latter. I thought that whole episode was really touching.

------------------
Kryten: Pub? - Ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve
advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of
fermented vegetable drinks. - Red Dwarf "Timeslides"

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VogonPoet: Why is it whenever someone has a problem with one of my posts, it's you? *heh* I admit I'm a compulsive list-maker, but in this case I was narrowing it down drastically. After sleeping on it, I've got the list originally requested. Sorry to make you read for that extra MINUTE, but:

Comedy -- Data laughing
VFX -- The "AGT" E-D pass...
Action -- Stealing the Enterprise
Drama -- Finding the destroyed Horatio

Better?

--Jonah

------------------
"It's obvious I'm dealing with a moron..."

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why, because I hate you, Perrychops. 8)

------------------
"It strikes me that there are enough episodes of the Simpsons that people could speak entirely in Simpsonese, using references from the show to explain or describe an endless series of situations. Nelson and Apu . . . at Tinagra.

But now I�ve brought Star Trek into it again, haven�t I. Sorry."

- James Lileks, 09/04/2001

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the old guys, here's an all-TOS list:

Humor: Tribbles out of storage bin on Kirk's head. Also Spock's line, "He heard you but could not believe his ears" from the same episode

Drama: Death of Edith Keeler and Spock mind-melding with the Horta.

Action: Kirk flies Constellation down the throat of the Doomsday machine. Or the fight with the Gorn.

Special effects: This is TOS, are you kidding? Actually, either the Tholian Web or Shatner's hairpiece.

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps