Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » My whole family has been discussing this *SPOILERS* (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: My whole family has been discussing this *SPOILERS*
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some serious homosexual vibes from the Borg Queen. Especally during 'Endgame.' Serously! We all got this impression the the Queen was more attracted to the women than men. Have you been getting the same impressions?

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

[ June 02, 2001: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember First Contact? That's just the way she acts. If you want to think of it as an "attraction" thing, I suppose you'd have to say she's bi.

And, maybe it's just me, but I never even thought about the Borg queen's sexual orientation (nor even that she had one) 'til you brought this up. Why are you even thinking about such things? *L*

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because it just ain't American, darn it! Such behaviour is an affront to God and plain simple decency! We don't want our kids watching this filth! It could turn them into faggots, or, worse, Democrats!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, right. Forgot about that... *L*
MIB
Ex-Member

ummmmmmm yeah? ok. whatever. LOL.
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'sides - her organic genetalia was removed at assimilation - the only thing between her legs now is a scuzzy port.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

MIB
Ex-Member

LMAO!
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kinda off topic but the borg don't reproduce naturally at all do they???

but they can't go around assimilating forever can they???

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we've saw a Borg nursery in Q-Who, but never really found out if the babies had been born there or assimilated recently.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's been decided that those were recently assimilated youngins...but I still think the idea of breeder drones is kind of cool...well not cool...but interesting. Why wouldn't they make use of natural reproduction to increase their numbers?

As for the Borg queen's "sexuality"...here's my twist on it...I've always thought of the Queen as the physical manifestation of the Collective...she's not so much an individual Borg or a separate entity as she is a consciousness within the Collective...she IS the Collective. Her seemingly sexual overtures are a representation of the Collective's attempts to seduce and get into whoever's mind... it's not actual sexuality...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possibly natural reproduction is 'flawed'.
My guess is that cloning is much more efficient (no random chance).

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but would adding clones be "adding distinctiveness," which the Borg seem to crave?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they clone the Queen but not drones. They don't really need the Queen its like a well trained group without a leader. That group is trained enough to operate on its own but in the end they still need a leader for further directions.

I doubt the Queen is Bi, homo or hetro for the reason all she has is a head and shoulders. Even the skeleton of that part is also borgified.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the Queen is some form of contingence plan?
A response to sitauations that normal borg programming/descions can't handle? Of course this sort of clashs with the whole rational for the assimalation of Picard but it might explain why a collective might consider such a plan in the first place.

As for the 'biolgical distinctiveness' why isn't better used? For instance why not use assimilated Klingons and Hirogens as Tactical Drones? Or for that matter why not whip up your own super drone with, for instance, Klingon biological redundencies and strength, Betazed Telepathy etc?

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or what about an assimilated shapeshifter?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps