Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek: New Frontier (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star Trek: New Frontier
Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If this book series had a series or movie, who would play the characters?

Captain Mackenzie Calhoun: An unorthodox, decisive young captain who loves his crew and his ship, and loves testing their limits even more.

Commander Shelby: A woman of strong opinions and strong values, Shelby never hesitated to tell her captains when she thought they were wrong, and Mackenzie Calhoun won't be any exception.

Burgoyne 172: The chief engineer of the Excalibur, with the decisiveness of Calhoun, the strength of Shelby, and the gender of both. Burgoyne is a Hermat, and when s/he sets his/her sights on you, s/he isn't an easy...person...to refuse.

As the Thallonian Empire succumbs to violence and insurrection, the U.S.S. Excalibur prepares to launch on her humanitarian mission of mercy. But her departure is destined to be a memorable one, as Calhoun contends with an unexpected stowaway, a stormy relationship with his crew, and -- light-years away -- frightened refugees aboard a dying ship.

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you ought to know by now that only Elizabeth Dennehy, or whatever her name was can play Shelby. Or did you not watch "TBoBW"?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the series also features Dr. Solar (played by Suzie Plakson in TNG) and Lt. Wesley-Kissed-Me (played by Ashley Judd).

Judging by the illustrations of Calhoun, I would have actually said Scott Bakula would have fit the role well.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Solar -- LOL.

Selar.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

For character info go to this site http://www1.ridgecrest.ca.us/~curtdan/NewFrontier/Excalibur.cgi?FILE=Main_GN

--------------------

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen "Best of Both Worlds," Doctor? Oh wait, PopMaze said that. Never mind. Is it the same Shelby from that episode?

--------------------
Meh

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MeGotBeer: WHATEVER!!!

But yah...what he said! She's quite the hottie. So is Ashley Judd.

[ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: Aban Rune ]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. That site Phlox posted has some really really bad Photoshop jobs on it... *L*
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veers, it is the same Shelby. All the covers that featured her had Elizabeth Dennehy there. And Selar can only be played by Suzie Plakson and that one Lieutenant that Wesley had a thing for can only be played by Ashley Judd. And all this has been said already.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

Actually no they could get actresses that looks exactly like them. It would work since they are not pivital characters in the Trek Universe as of now. But if Patrick Stewart walked off the set and quit that's the end of Picard's story line.

--------------------

-----------------
The West Wing

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calhoun does look alot like Bakula. Or possibly Alexander Siddig.

Burgoyne: The only name that pops up is Boy George, though he probably isn't an actor

Kebron: Tiny Ron (Maihar'du in DS9)

McHenry: AARRGGHH! He looks like that 'N Sync Justin guy!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

Calhoun should be played by someone who is light hearted yet gritty. It needs to be someone of tropical descent.

--------------------

-----------------
The West Wing

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dolph Lungren is your man.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Burgoyne: The only name that pops up is Boy George, though he probably isn't an actor

Having seen the infamous episode of The A-Team which he appeared in (ver Team provide security as he does a concert in some midwestern redneck hellhole) I can assure you he isn't. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

Since I can't find a picture of Dolph, I can only assume from description. From what I've heard he would make a great Frankenstein.

--------------------

-----------------
The West Wing

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps