Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek: New Frontier (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star Trek: New Frontier
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just go watch a really bad "B" movie ...

He'll be in it. His film credits include:

View to a Kill
Rocky IV
The Peacekeeper
Universal Soldier
Johnny Mneumonic
Silent Trigger
Sweepers

and

Legion.

Among others. He's Swedish.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None of those are B movies.

And Legion had Van Damme, yes?

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a movie called Legion? Anyway...I see the chief engineer being played by either the actor who played Laxanna Troi's personal servant.
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"A View to a Kill." An OK Bond film, although Roger Moore should've been replaced by that time.

--------------------
Meh

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it and I still don't know who Dolph Lundgren is. Anyway at first I thought Rob Lowe could be Calhoun, I also think Alexander Siddig would make a great Calhoun. That tall green guy, Lt. Zak Kebron could be played by the guy who played Jake in The Visitor. Lt. Soleta the other main Vulcan looks like that lady from Futures End. Your right McHenry does look like Timberlake.

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, er, that film he was in with Courtney Cox, Robert Duncan McNeill, and that woman who plays Monica's mum.

You know the one. Possibly the greatest sci-fi film of all time.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

P0sitr0nic
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always saw Calhoun as one of the Baldwins. Take a look at the cover of the newest book, and you'll see what I mean.

As for Burgy, A female would have to play hir, as s/he is described as having smallish breasts, and somewhat feminine shape, but also male traits.

McHenry... pick any guy off a soap, he'd do fine.

Kebron.. anyone, as long as they are wide enough.. he is described as a walking land mass.
Prostetics can make a head look like mostly anything.

IP: Logged
Dr Phlox
Member # 680

No you can't just get anybody. You need someone who fits the character. That's what Trek lacks today. TOS was cast down to the bone, you couldn't imagine anyone else playing Spock or Scotty even Chekov. With the exception of Uhura. TNG was also cast well cast. DS9 had was well cast except for Dax. With VOY someone else could play Harry, Neelix, Kes, Chakotay (they could of got a real indian). From the looks of the trailer I could see Ming Na playing Sato and I don't think that's far off.

--------------------

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
TOS was cast down to the bone, you couldn't imagine anyone else playing Spock or Scotty even Chekov.

Am I the only one who sees the glaring lack of common sense in this statement?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he sorta has a point. Though if the actor is good enough, then the statement becomes mute.

Some actors/actresses just aren't good enough to go beyond one type of character. If anybody has ever seen the Brian Denneghy version of Death of a Salesman (as oppossed to roles where he played military leaers or the like), then you'll know what I mean.

[ August 11, 2001: Message edited by: Stingray ]

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

Give me at lest 5 other people would could play Spock, Mcoy, Scotty, Chekov, Sulu and Kirk.

--------------------

-----------------
The West Wing

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone in Hollywood in 1967?
P0sitr0nic
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats true.. if someone else had played ANY of those roles, you would be saying THEY were the one that no one else could replace. Its simply because for 30+ years now, people have seen them in those roles. Same with any of the other casts.
Janeway was supposed to be Gennivive Bujold. (sp?)
If that had worked out, would anyone here say "Oh, you know, I think that that semi unknown actress Kate Melgrew would have made a better janeway." (I say semi unknown, because without being in Trek, truely how many of us would even know her name?)

IP: Logged
Dr Phlox
Member # 680

Each actor brings something new and different to every chartacter and the series. If Gennivive Bujold wouldn't have walked out because of to much technobabble ( It's trek what do you expect) it would change the dynamic of the show. Mulgrew played Janeway gritty and rugged but still was attractive.

Where is if Gennivive Bujold played Aunt Kathy it would make different story lines differet views and ideals. If Mel Gibson got the role of Picard Next Generation would be a whole different experience.

--------------------

-----------------
The West Wing

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back when they were going to have Voyager be a relic from the Cardassian Wars Janeway was going to be a man. Forget who they were going to get to play him, though. He's a relatively well-known actor, I think...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps