Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Did I Miss Something With DS9 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Did I Miss Something With DS9
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm rewatching DS9, one episode a week. Last week they were trapped w/o warp drive on a Jem'Hadar warship in enemy territory. This week their back at Starbase 375. Did I miss something? Or did they just cop out of an explanation?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two possibilities: you missed out the whole episode "Rocks and Shoals", which *still* left the heroes stranded without a warpship, or you missed the tiny little comment this week that Martok's Bird of Prey had recovered the heroes.

It was no big deal anyway. Certainly not worth showing. The heroes probably built the transmitter the Vorta had tried to make them build, spent some time in the hot misery of the uninhabited planed of "Rocks and Shoals", and were rescued by the Klingons. And straight into the next assignment they went.

Timo Saloniemi

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Rocks and Shoals" was a good episode. You probably saw it the way the episodes were produced:
"A Time to Stand"
"Sons and Daughters"
"Rocks and Shoals"
They were produced out of order. "Sons and Daughters" before "Rocks and Shoals." In the latter, they're crashed on a remote world, stranded with a Jem'Hadar crew and their dying Vorta.

--------------------
Meh

OnToMars
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I just checked the TIVO 'To Do List' and "Rocks and Shoals" is on tap for next week. Oh well.

--------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's worth mentioning that "Rocks and Shoals" is the best episode from the six-parter. In fact it's one of the best episodes of the season IMO.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Dax. Kivan, the injured Vorta on the planet makes Weyoun look like someone you would trust to babysit your kids.

And that crash landing shot...mmmmmmm

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

OnToMars
Member # 621

Grrr...make me suffer some more, why don't yah.

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooo, and that fight...

--------------------
Meh

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Stingray. It really is a pretty good ep. It'll be worth the wait when you see it next week.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna be bold.

As mod of this forum, I order everyone to make fun of Stingray for missing that ep. Let's taunt him about all the GREAT THINGS that was in that ep, how good the ep was, etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah..... yadda yadda. Let's make him suffer, people!!!

Okay, I'll stop.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah that keevan is incredibly funny
even funnier when he returns in later episode

"i hate feregi!" LOL

OnToMars
Member # 621

--------------------

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At first when I read this thread, I wrote the following:
quote:

Force, old boy. It must be blatantly obivious to you that this guy hasn't seen things related to Keevan. Thus he has not seen 'The magnificent ferengi' thus you are hitting him over the head with a spoiler. Now I'm sure that you didn't mean it, but in future be careful, or an Admin who is less nice than I may choose to string you up & castrate you. Or maybe flay you....or something. Anyway, I am sure you get my point

Then I realised he was rewatching the episdoes. Serves me right for editing at this godforsaken hour of the morning.

Anyway, let me join in the general frivolity: Yeah it was so cool. Warbirdz rule! (etc etc dribble dribble ad nausem).

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: Daryus Aden ]

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: Daryus Aden ]

OnToMars
Member # 621

Well, I should've been clearer. I'm watching them in syndication and haven't ever seen the vast majority of them. Including 'Rocks and Shoals' but I suppose, with my question answered, avoid this thread like the plague to avoid any other discussion. My own fault, I suppose.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps