Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Did I Miss Something With DS9 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Did I Miss Something With DS9
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I offer the suggestion, if one has the means, in purchasing some video cassettes to record each episode transmitted, in turn. Or perhaps, on the other hand, should I suggest that you do not do this..? For, I began with TOS reruns in 1980 something, and continued apace right up to Endgame. My shelves are stuffed with tapes, and I haven't seen my walls for years. But I shall never again be at the whim of the networks in respects to syndication and rerun scheduling...

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I contemplated doing this, but for the exact reason you stated, deduced that it would rather be easier to wait until they are released on DVD. Though this is in the unforseeable future, it will happen before I can get every DS9 episode to tape.

Besides, I have neither the budget, time, inclination, nor opportunity to do so.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, DVD, that terrifying revolution that has me up nights. I have about 1 trillion video tapes, not all Trek of course, but they will all one day require replacement by DVD. Simply because it's infinitely better, but oh, am I not looking forward to doing it. Nor is my wallet.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So are we or arent we going to spoil the plot of 'the magnificent Ferengi'.. has he seen it?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

OnToMars
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunetely I no longer have TIVO or 4am DS9 so I haven't seen any episodes past 'Rocks and Shoals'. However, when I go home at Christmas, I'll have a shitload of episodes of DS9 to watch.

BTW, I watched Rocks and Shoals literally right before we started the drive from Jersey to Florida at 6AM. My mother was quite impatient.

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I can't go now, Mom, I have to see if the Captain escapes from the dark-matter planet they crashed on in a stolen Jem'Hadar vessel!"

--------------------
Meh

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was dark matter? I missed that part.

My Mom once had to endure me getting really bad because during the fourth season of TNG she took me shopping and it took longer than it should have, so i bitched until we were rushing to get home because they had a month and a half of reruns and the finally had a few new ones on before the finale, and we got home at 4:48, hardly enough time to cue up my tape because i was trying to get them all in order at that time, and if i missed one i would have to get it in the summer. Then the TV shorted out ( a running problem at my house) so i rewired the on-switch from 4:53 until 4:58 and watched 'The Drumhead' on a taken apart TV while our ice cream melted in the car. I was 12.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, your mom couldn't go back to the car and get the ice-cream out of it?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

OnToMars
Member # 621

I think we have a winner on, "Longest Thread That Asked a Single Easily Answerable Question"

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

I was supposed to bring the groceries in. I made that same point that she could have brought them in, but she was trying to make some sort of point about me doing things.

Seemed a bit crap to me at the time, but now i do things and watch Star Trek too much.. its a groovy mix, baby

Record.. this thread is still growing....

Where the hell is all the dark matter anyway?

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps