Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » "The Inner Light" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "The Inner Light"
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MAN, this music rocks. I've checked out the 30th anniversary CD from the library, and the best track on the whole CD is the overture from "The Inner Light". I'm ripping this one. Gotta get my band to play it...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want Michael Kamen's "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" overture.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got that tape!

Yah...the Inner Light was a good episode all around. Very well acted and scored.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Inner Light is one of the one and a half episodes of TNG I've never seen for some reason.

The half is the first half of "Lonely Amoung Us", and after watching the second half, I'm not that desperate to see the first part.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen "The High Ground." BBC aren't allowed to show it unless some Irish actors re-dub the voices.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vogon: LOL!! Why not? Does it have something to do with the terrorism theme of that episode?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Irish actors have to redub WHAT voices? Picard, Riker & Co. or the guest stars?

I mean, I would imagine the guest stars, but, who knows?

quote:
I'm ripping this one.

Speaking o' which. Omega, weren't you the guy bitching about the evils of Napster? How are you so different from the guy who downloads songs from Napster as compared to the guy who borrows a CD from the library and, er, "steals" the track he wants? Jus' wonderin.

[ September 06, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason the BBC didn't show this episode (The High Ground) is due to the single line in the episode that dealt with something in regards to submitting to the demands of terrorists, which, Data said, saw the successful reunification of Ireland in 2024 or something. Ceding to terrorism and the IRA would've been a potential hot potato with such an allegory, so the BBC decided not to show it. Sky One did though.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I get it. I figured it was probably something along those lines.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, ripping is perfectly legal as long as you continue to own the CD in question. The copyright statement says you own it for noncommercial use in your home or on yoour person. If you buy the soundtrack you can rip it, listen to it on your computer, tape it to listen to in your car, burn it on a CD as a mix for your private use.

You cannot however, copy it for someone else or sell it to someone else, and this loosely includes sharing the file with someone online with or without your knowledge.
And if you sell the CD you are obligated to destroy your files, tapes and copies of it or it is pirating.

But I dont do that. in the time it took me to type this i downloaded 3 songs off of Gnutella.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a time in the 80's and early 90's when Sinn Fein representatives couldn't be shown speaking on air unless their voices were overdubbed by someone else, usually an Irish actor for realism's sake. I believe even Stephen Rea did the gig for a while. I can't recall what the exercise was intended to prove, though. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

That's nice, Captain Mike.

Omega once made a big deal (well, not so big) about Napster being illegal. I believe it was because another member mentioned he sold burned CDs ... Omega made the point that getting music tracks without paying for them is illegal, wrong, and very un-Christian!

And yet he does it himself.

I just find it terribly amusing is all.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega made the point that getting music tracks without paying for them is illegal, wrong, and very un-Christian!

As you pointed out, he was selling CDs. I don't so much as have a burner, so even if I wanted to, I couldn't do that. And I never mentioned Christianity in that discussion.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, but Omega, follow me here:

You borrow a CD from the library. Some corporation paid money to produce that CD, and the library paid money to buy it from them. You borrowed the CD from the library, and are adding a track to your WinAmp files (or whatever you use to play MP3's). In all "fairness", the corporation which produced the CD should be paid for you to own a copy of tracks it owns. Since you are not paying the corporation, you are stealing from it.

Now, mind you, that's not what I think. Personally, if I hear "Smooth Criminal" by Alien Ant Farm five times an hour on the radio, I don't see whats so bad about having a copy on my PC. I just didn't think that was the way you pro-Big Business Republicans saw things.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

I could just as easily perpetually renew my check-out of the CD over the library system. No one ever checks it out, anyway. Would it make any difference? Under any circumstances, the only reason I want it is to experiment with making a MIDI file of it. When that's done, I'll delete it.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps