Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » "The Inner Light" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "The Inner Light"
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, therefore, file-swapping servers are perfectly "okay" under Omega's book. After all, since most of the tracks you can get off Napster etc. you can also listen to off the radio, what's the harm? And what's the harm in burning copies for your friends, since they can just listen to the songs anytime on the radio?

Omega, you're clearly trying to weasle yourself out of a situation that you've expressed yourself to be against. Admit that you were wrong, and you enjoy file-swapping. By ripping that CD, you're as guilty as theft as anyone you've ever accused of stealing from the record label (not, mind you, that anyone here is judgemental).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, now. My objection was to his selling the CDs for profit. Downloading or ripping them is no problem in my book.

You really are desperate to catch me in some contradiction, aren't you, Jeff?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the fact remains that what you're doing is illegal. The morality of the matter I'll agree w/ you on. But you do realize that you are, in fact, committing a crime, right?
Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I, of course, digger through of old forum threads, came across this gem, from this thread. And I quote Omega:

quote:
1) If you create something, you alone have the right to make copies of it.
2) If someone else makes a copy of something on which you own the copyright, it is stealing.

3) Stealing is wrong.

I just like seeing Omega admit he's human is all.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Member # 91

Come ON, Jeff. You really are desperate. Half the experience of the song was playing it on my stereo system. On the computer, it's practically worthless. Except, of course, for seeing how desperate you are to prove me wrong on SOMETHING. I've really gotten under your skin, haven't I?

Oh, and yes: I've deleted the file. It's served its purpose.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

You yourself admitted that you stole it, Omega, or are you denying that now? Don't come crying to me about that.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would you two ever give it a rest?
This is what your ICQ diatribes are for

I mean, what is this, some nasty plan to slowly infect and take over Flare, first by clogging the Flameboard repeatedly with a needless interpersonal grudgematch and now metastisizing to all corners of the forums?

All I want to use this thread for is to say:

a)The Inner Light orchestral arrangement is indeed a truly beautiful piece of music

b)The copy to which I'm presently listening was acquired through morally murky means.

c)Oh Well.

[ September 07, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Omega
Member # 91

I mean, what is this, some nasty plan to slowly infect and take over Flare, first by clogging the Flameboard repeatedly with a needless interpersonal grudgematch and now metastisizing to all corners of the forums?

Sounds accurate to me. Of course, I'm just guessing, not being in on any such plan.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, regardless, I think Jeff has now rather conclusively proven his point. Omega said one thing and did another.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could someone now please prove the point that, if we were giving out money for discussions taking place in the wrongest possible forum, Jeff K and Omega could buy Istanbul?
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't we just trap them between dimensions, to struggle against each other forever like Matter-Lazarus and Antimatter-Lazarus?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

You could always lock Omega in jail for being a thief.

Muwahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Oh, I'm just teasing him. Chill. Besides, he himself came right out and said it (very big of him).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, this was Jeff's fault. He lept on Omega like he was a big pack of sausages (if Jeff was really desperate for sausages). Give him a break once in a while Jeff.

Additional point:

Sky One did show the episode, but they removed the line about Ireland's reunification. I think it's still on the video release though.

Lee: Wasn't the overdubbing done to remove the immediency of their words? And also to stop us from taking them seriously (Perhaps Jerry was auditioning for the role of Cats? Does bring a new meaning to "Someone set us up the bomb.")

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait.. I'm confused?...

So the police knew that internal affairs was setting them up all along?!..

Sorry.. when I get bored I make up my own movie.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps