Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Request for screencaps (TMP, TVH, et al.) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Request for screencaps (TMP, TVH, et al.)
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone do some screencaps for me? I'm looking for ones of the alien diplomats from TMP and the Federation Council Chambers in TVH. I am specifically looking for the presence of Tellarites, but am very interested in the other races seen, including the obscure ones portrayed in The Art of Star Trek. I was never able to spot the Andorians or Betelguese-ians in TMP, and I've had my doubts about whether or not they actually appeared in the final film, but I'd appreciate it if someone with a good DVD or VHS copy would take a crack at it. Thanks.

-MMoM

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://fitz8472.hypermart.net/tvh/

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://fitz8472.hypermart.net/tvh/Tvh_015.jpg

Are these the guys who were responsible for all those alien abductions during Earths history??? Or maybe these guys are at least related to the Greys. The Greys and these guys looks similar. Hmmmmmmm. I think the Federation needs to investigate this!

[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Spikey! Much appreciated. Okay I can match a name to the following:

1. Humans (duh!)
2. Vulcans
3. Andorians
4. Tellarites
5. Deltans
6. Caitians (Possibly. I believe this was the name of the species to which Lt. M'Ress from TAS belonged. I think I read somewhere that the makeup guys on TVH said they patterned the furry cat-like aliens after M'Ress, so thaese could be Caitians.)

Okay, who'll take a crack at TMP for me? (Actually, I'm really starting to doubt that all those aliens from TAoST were actually in the final film. I know the ones in SF uniform were in the rec-deck scene, but the Andorian, Betelguese, and Rigellian ambassadors may have had their scenes cut, as I just can't think where they'd be in the film. Maybe at kirk's arrival in San Francisco?)

Anyway, thanks again for a job well done, Spikey!

-MMoM

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think most of the TMP aliens were actually in the airtram scenes.

And there are some more names I can give you:
Tvh_003: The middle two guys, with the rectangular masks, are Xelatians
Tvh_006: That alien is an Arkenite.
Tvh_007: My personal theory is that the two bald men are Deltans. Notice how their 'crowns' have suddenly become necklaces .
Thv_011: Notice the Asian man and the weird fellow up front. Could be civillian humans, but could also be aliens. Do they resemble any races (clothing, looks) from TOS or TAS?
Tvh_012: Another human-lookalike.
Tvh_13: These friendly little aliens are possibly Zaranites (from TMP and TFF), as they wear the same breathing masks, but OTOH their heads are nowhere near as large. I conjecture that they *are* Zaranites, but from another sex/subrace.
Tvh_15: These 'porcelain dolls' are also known as Arcadians.

And now I'll shamelessly refer to my Federation members pages, with 105 possible members of the UFP.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone think that the shuttles in http://fitz8472.hypermart.net/tvh/Tvh_000.jpg look very Oberth-esque. They sorta have that curvey, black grill effect going.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, I think that the Tellarites have been altered in the TVH chamber/court room scenes...

They are short and hairy, but they don't have pig snouts they have more Michael Jackson-like noses.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

BTW, I've ALWAYS loved this Alien - very intruiging. I remember the description on the back of the Star Trek Masterpiece collector cards referring to this Ambassador alien was very cute/funny - something about the artist being captivated with her beauty the first time he saw her! ;o)

VERY intruiging alien though.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I reckon these "Bravo" guys with the bald heads are either Deltans (I think this more) or possibly those Roman people from "Bread and Circuses" which I doubt cause they were still in their '20th century'.

So I'm going for Male Deltans.

Also in this pic:
http://fitz8472.hypermart.net/tvh/Tvh_008.jpg

That is Grace Lee Whitney aka Rand isn't it with the 'afro' who is clapping at the outcome of the 'trial'.

And those 'Vulcans' on the right - I don't believe they ARE Vulcans... I believe that they are the ROMULAN Ambassadors,

1. Sarek is the Vulcan Ambassador
2. We see a similarly eye-shadow embossed Romulan Ambassador next movie (sans the robe).
3. They nod in agreement with the Klingons about Kirk's actions.
4. They look nasty ;o)
5. If I could get a clearer picture of the 'symbol' that is on their 'foreheads' - I believe it may match a symbol on a Bird Of Prey model - that I believe was from before they changed the fact that it was Klingon - it has a peculiar symbol on it - that looks like it might have been a possible Movie version of the Romulan symbol - not the bird clutching twin homeworlds we see now (which was done at the time of TNG) but a red and yellow oblong shape with a red circle. I'll have to dig up that pic - but the symbol on the Romulan lady's forehead looks similar - except it is in grey and it is hard to see.

THERE! THERE! In front of the Andorian on the right of the picture... that's is a Tellarite.

http://fitz8472.hypermart.net/tvh/Tvh_016.jpg

OK another view on the Romulan situation - they MIGHT indeed be a Romulan continent - seeing as Sarek is sitting in front of them in the 'sentencing' scenes.

Look here:http://fitz8472.hypermart.net/tvh/Tvh_011.jpg

Could that 'asian guy' be a Comm from that Yang and Comm episode of TOS... I really haven't seen it properly. Did/could they have interstellar spaceflight?

This'd be a great pic for a capcom:

The Gay Romulan ambassador was warned against "Fratenizing with humans" *look at the hands*

The Human man tries to deny his feelings by trying to start up a conversation with a porcelinesque humanoid!

[ October 27, 2001: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for whatever reason, hypermart isnt letting those pictures be clickable, im getting a forbidden error. its locked so you have to browse the directory itself to see them.

The 'asian looking guys' you described always looked more native american to me.. i assumed they were from Dorvan-like Amerindian planets that would become the issue of the Maquis era.

Um.. why are the Romulans wearing Vulcan robes then?

[ October 27, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Harry, where are all those names you dropped from? A sourcebook or other non-canon publication? Or were they stated by the makeup people in an interview or something? I've never heard them before.

Oh, and I've found the Betegueseans and the Megrite in the TMP air tram station scene. Haven't spotted the Andorians or Rigellians yet, though.

The Tellerites in TVH have a slightly 'updated' look compared w/ TOS, but they DO still have the pig-noses.

Did we ever see a Tellarite in modern Trek? The Encyclopedia says there was one in "Apocalypse Rising" (DS9), but was he just mentioned or actually seen?

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just mentioned.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Remember there is the Rec Deck scenes in ST:TMP lots of aliens there.

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These names are from RPG's, make-up and costume departments, although I mostly got the names from webpages and newsgroup/bb discussions.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is definitely an Andorian in the rec deck scenes. There are three fairly good glimpses of him. The first is right at the beginning, just after the first viewer shot of the Klingon ship being destroyed. In the first crowd scene, he's on the far right edge of the screen.

The second is during Branch's transmission; he's closer to the center of the screen.

The third is right after Kirk tells Uhura "Viewer off," for the second time. In that one, the Andorian is almost dead center of the crowd. Sorry I can't do screen caps, but hope this helps.

BTW, that's on the pan-and-scan videotape version.

[ October 28, 2001: Message edited by: Woodside Kid ]

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps