Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » What if... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What if...
Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In television, the art is not just the story; it is all of the elements. One cannot simply replace the actors and run with the exact same story; as someone else pointed out, the recent remake of "Psycho" showed how lame that method works. The stories alone were not what made classic episodes "masterpieces," and reshooting them would be an insult to the actors, director, and crew of those episodes.

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: Raw Cadet ]

Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.S. Should not a host be above inflammatory remarks?
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... you know, if they DID do a TOS SE, they could always add Sisko and Dax into the background of "The Trouble with Tribbles"...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone is a host now?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Raw Cadet is referring to TSN (moderator of the Starships & Tech. board) and his comment of "dumbest analogy." My advice, Raw Cadet:

Don't be too sensitive. You'll see comments like that a lot. The comment wasn't really directed at you, only your analogy.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My three cents...

I think some "Special Edition TOS episodes could be fun, but only if they did more or less what the ST-TMP DE supposedly does, which is go back to the original intent and complete things as they were originally meant to be but were not able to be realized (yank out Matt Jeffries sketchbooks and see what things were planned).

I've seen several attempts by people to add CGI spaceships to old TOS footage and the trouble is they're always so badly done they end up looking like cartoons. Mostly bad lighting and no idea how to move the objects so they appear to have mass.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd hesitently suggest that the ships in TOS already look like they don't have mass. I tried to work out why, since the model was still fairly big. I think that it's a combination of the ship occasionally "juddering" on screen, and the lack of that low droning noise. It makes a huge difference (and was actually in the early episodes. No idea why they took it out).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ace: Actually, I haven't officially been the moderator of that Forum since I got "promoted" to being an admin. We've just been really really slow about revamping the list of moderators...
Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. How'd you guys become moderators and admins?

Just curious. Honest.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sexual favors.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not Me.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Simon was the one who received the favors.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Yes. Charles just sat there taking pictures. I did mean to ask about that...

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Yeah, it was quite a time... My throat's still sore...

'Course that picture collection was nothing compared to the one of Liam and the Cirroc Lofton look-alike. Unfortunately, only the one picture survived, and Liam isn't even in it...

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if Mainframe Entertainment redid TAS, ala Reboot. They are getting pretty good at the CGI stuff, and I think they would do a good job at TAS.
Paul

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps