Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » A surprise person to be in STX ($$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A surprise person to be in STX ($$$)
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From http://www.wilwheaton.net/

Tuesday, November 13, 2001

Homecoming

When I did Weakest Link, I stood next to LeVar. We were talking during the commercials, and I said to him that I really missed them. He said to me that I should be in the movie, especially since it's going to be the last TNG movie. I told him that I would love to be in it, but I really thought that Berman and company really didn't like me. He seemed surprised, and he told me that he was going to call Rick the next morning, and suggest to him that I be in the movie, at least as a cameo. I thought that would be really cool, and told him so.
Last week, on Friday, my agent called me to let me know that there was an offer from Paramount to reprise the role of Wesley Crusher in Star Trek X. We just needed to work out the details.
So we spent some time negotiating it, and --get this-- Rick Berman told my agent that he was "very pleased" that I was going to be in the movie!
I am really excited about this for three reasons:
* I am going to get to work with my friends again.
* Wesley Crusher will have some real closure, finally.
* For the last 5 years, at least, everywhere I go, fans ask me if I'm going to be in a movie, and what happened to Wesley, and I can honestly say that I'm doing this for the fans, because it will be so damn cool to see all of us together again.
WHEEE!

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody have any idea how the hell thats going to work? If the script reviews are accurate (yeah, I know big if)I don't think there really all that many places for boy wonder to appear.

Ah well I suppose it can't hurt all that much.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gather that in the wedding scene in the beginning, when the priest asks whether somebody has an objection to the marriage, a disembodied voice will sound "I've got dibs!" and Wesley will phase in with a Traveler-style effect... He'll look and feel around a bit, change Riker into a statue when he makes a threatening move, then grow bored and say "Maybe I'll settle for the cake instead", then be gone in a flash. And return in a flash, and say "Oh, and mum, I'll be back sometime after midnight, not sure when." And again be gone in a flash.

Timo Saloniemi

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This speculation comes from the website "Coming Attractions" http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/trek10.html :

"Nothing was mentioned about what kind of cameo appearance Wheaton will have, or how it'll play out in the film. However, since we're betting kinda guys, we figure Wheaton might appear during the scene where Picard talks to Starfleet Command. In this scene Voyager actress Jeri Ryan was supposed to appear as her Star Trek character Seven of Nine and give Picard some crucial information needed to advance the story. Ryan's cameo was later rewritten to feature Kate Mulgrew's character, the recently promoted Admiral Janeway, but recent reports say this has also been dropped. So, will Picard be speaking to Wesley Crusher during this sequence, or is a new scene being written for the character's appearance?"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've been sans The Boy for eight years. . . is that enough, I wonder? 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm against it, if true, for two reasons:

1) I don't like Wesley.
2) You can't just add a plot line (and tying up the Wesley storyline is a plot line, not a cameo) without changing the movie. I think it will be a distraction. If it happens at the beginning of the movie and then he's gone...it'll feel like it was done merely for efect, not for good story telling.

Who knows...maybe they'll pull it off brilliantly. Here's hoping.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... isn't that a spoiler in the thread title? Tom's not gonna like that...

Yeah, I'm betting he'll just show up at the beginning for the wedding. But you never know. Maybe he's the helmsman that gets sucked out into space later in the movie.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Edited.

I was gonna put "Someone we really hate to be in STX"...... oh well.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wesley isn't THAT bad. He only ranks 2nd when it come to my list of Trek charactors I hate the most. 7 of 9 ranks number 1 in my list. No one, not even B&B themselves can possibly make a charactor I would despise more than 7 'O 9
IP: Logged
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, there's going to be a Star Trek Weakest Link episode? Who's going to be in it other than Weaton and Burton?

Wesley in Trek X isn't that bad...maybe the Enterprise-E will need someone to fly a Type-9 shuttle for a survey mission to a binary star?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it already aired, didn't it?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, the Trek edition of the "Weakest Link" should be on November 26th. You can check TrekToday for the details.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, tell me Sirtis and Crosby are going to be on it!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully, in all these years, the Traveller taught Wesley how to not suck. :-)
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He taught him to lick?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps