Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Post-view: Members of the Federation (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Post-view: Members of the Federation
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Why does the UK have multiple national football teams trying to qualify for the World Cup?"

Because otherwise the Scottish would bitch about it.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the Welsh?

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They could, but I don't think anyone would even hear them.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm questioning whether Vanessa Williams or any of the others were Risans. By "Risans" I mean "the indigenous people of Risa". For all we know, Risa could be a colony of some other world. Or maybe they're all just employees of the Risan Prostitution Authority, and aren't necessarily even all the same species.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For one thing, they seem happy with the current climate of the place, even though that is an artificial thing created by Federation supertech. Would a native species of these qualifications even have survived in the pre-tamed Risa?

It makes one wonder, though. If Risa's good qualities are artificial, then why did it become a holiday resort in the first place? Why did somebody decide "Hey, let's build a paradise in this hellhole!"?

It could be that real estate there was cheap. Or that the location was favorably in between Federation core worlds. Or that the technology was tested there, on an uninhabited world, but not taken to completion; yet an entrepreneur saw that this would be a good place to pour in some extra money and turn the former test site into a resort.

Or is it just that Risa became a resort on its own, due to naturally paradiselike torpical regions, but at some point the managers decided to artificially turn the other regions into tropical ones as well?

Timo Saloniemi

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were going to create a paradise planet, I'd want one near all the major spacelanes. I'd want a planet with few other industries or natural resources (minerals, etc) so as not to distract from the resort industry or pollute the environment. The planet should have a stable environment year round, with little change in seasons (by having no tilt of its axis), meaning no rainy season or cold spells. It should also have very little radiation, and if possible, little north-to-south climate variation. Of course, such conditions don't sound very natural and might prevent life, much less intelligent life, from developing on such a planet. Therefore, you might have to terraform and stock a barren rock in a good location. Importing everything might also cut down on parasites and predators that might annoy the guests.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But then why do all Risans have these pennies stuck to their head and why do they all believe in this weird (but convenient) religious love-making?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've never lived in the 1970s, Harry.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...why do they all believe in this weird (but convenient) religious love-making?"

Erm... Because, if they didn't, they never would have applied for the job...?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps