Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $ More "Nemesis" names $ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $ More "Nemesis" names $
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dax.

Ummmm....

[Smile] No, you're right. They are in red most of the time, but I don't think there's ever been anything said that would suggest that only command division people can man the helm.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A red uniform might denote a department we're unaware of. 'General Services' or a specific ship operations department ('Flight Operations'), serving a more specific duty then Data.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The helmsman on the Valiant wore gold.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, and we've seen the Defiant's helm staffed by a blue-shirt (Dax), a gold-shirt (O'Brien and Nog), and red-shirts.

But these are the only exception I believe we've ever seen.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the Valiant's cadet helmsman could have been the most qualified or experienced to helm the ship even though that wasn't his specific training. Same thing probably goes for Dax, O'Brien, and Nog.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the Valiant was all fubar because of the whole crew == dead, new crew == delusional cadets thing. And the Defiant was flown by whoever was convenient at the time. It didn't even have a permanent crew, really, since it wasn't in constant operation.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wesley wore a periwinkle leotard

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to add to the selection of non-redshirts at helm, we get a blueshirt for the Stargazer in Picard's flashbacks of the Battle of Maxia. I think there was one other such TNG incident, but I'm not sure what it was. "Night Terrors", perhaps?

In the TOS movie era, both yellowcollars (Sulu in TMP to ST5, Excelsior helm in ST6) and greycollars (Valeris and her replacement in ST6, Excelsior XO in ST3) were seen in helm duty. And I think a redshirt sometimes stood in for Sulu in TOS.

Timo Saloniemi

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
greycollars (Valeris and her replacement in ST6, Excelsior XO in ST3)

Well, Valeris' uniform didn't make much sense and IIRC her replacement wore the same uniform. The Excelsior XO had a white collar.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't find any scans or 'caps of the relevant characters at the moment, but I assure you that the gal sitting next to Chekov during the flight to Khitomer had a grey collar to go with the jacket (but the jacket was probably straight off Cattrall's shoulders, and apparently had the same Lt.Cmdr pin on a grey strap).

Miguel Ferrer's character in ST3 in turn should have been keelhauled for negligience in uniform maintenance if *that* was supposed to once have been white... As for whether he was the helmsman is another question altogether. Perhaps the noncom next to him was?

Timo Saloniemi

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I can't find any scans or 'caps of the relevant characters at the moment, but I assure you that the gal sitting next to Chekov during the flight to Khitomer had a grey collar to go with the jacket

quote:
(but the jacket was probably straight off Cattrall's shoulders, and apparently had the same Lt.Cmdr pin on a grey strap).

You're probably right.

quote:
Miguel Ferrer's character in ST3 in turn should have been keelhauled for negligience in uniform maintenance if *that* was supposed to once have been white...

What's wrong with his white?

quote:
Perhaps the noncom next to him was?

The yellow shoulder tabs support your theory. Ferrer was probably the ship's XO and navigator.

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps