Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » What's this Klingon emblem!? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's this Klingon emblem!?
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Model Citizen Trek Modeler

Does anyone know what this emblem om the Qo'noS 1 is? Was it supposed to be a new Klingon emblem or is it possibly Gorkon's House emblem?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, cool! I've never noticed that before.

I guess it could be any number of things. The seal of the Chacellor. His house emblem. Some kind of Squadron emblem.

Of course, we've never seen it again. Most notably, we should have seen it on Km'Pec's or Gowron's ships if it had something to do with the Chancellorship.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say the most likely explanation is that it's the symbol for the House of Gorkon.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then what is this emblem - I've been meaning to post it a long time ago - I assume it might be an Romulan emblem (before they changed/cut that idea) for Trek III? This would have been before we had ever SEEN a Romulan Symbol?

Bird-Of-Prey-on-a-spit

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the ERTL BOP model...All it is is a circle with a wedge through it and three Klingon letters overlaid.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's a wedge in a circle with klingon glyphs... it sounds like the picture at the top... except that has a chunk taken out of the circle - and the writing is on the side - not on the wedge! Hmmmmm.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

No, it doesn't really look anything like what's in the posted picture. I mean, there's a stylistic similarity and the colors are the same, but it's not really the same shape at all. This is a filled in circle with, like, a line that goes through it and comes to sort of a point. Then there's yellow text over the line and the circle.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you take the two symbols together (the one on Gorkon's ship and the one on the BoP), then maybe it's some sort of squadron marking. Or maybe even the symbol of the Klingon Defense Forces.

We know, for example, that Starfleet ships display the arrowhead symbols instead of the starfield-and-olive-branches shield. Maybe the Klingons do the same thing?

(Y'know, that brings up an interesting question. Why don't Starfleet ships have the Federation shield displayed on their hull? That's like a US ship not flying the American flag!)

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed this symbol, or something just like it was used on Bajoran ships.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

It's a modification of the oval Bajoran symbol that is used for their com badges. I think it's the military version of that symbol. It has more of a crescent shape.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
House of Kruge, maybe?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's generally assumed that the KDF logo is the Klingon-emblem-with-polygonal-background that we see on their communicators... Okuda used it on the casualty report Okudagram we picked through a few months ago.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
House of Kruge, maybe?

But Kruge stole the BoP from the Romulans, did he not?

-MMoM:D

[ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Just checked the links in MM's sig*

Well, that's it. I'm registering. I can't let these opportunities go to waste...

[ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Search for Spock was the only time we had Klingons addressing their captain as "my lord," right? If Kruge was running a House-owned ship seperate from the KDF, that could be his House crest. The Kronos One symbol would either be Gorkon's house or a generic "chancellor" designator.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps