Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » UP3 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: UP3
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So... any progress at all?

Care to give a press-conference here?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll leave the nice bit to Krenim. I'll just say that if more people were to get off their asses and offer to do something for the project, it'd get done a lot sooner. I'll be reminding you all of this when you rush to criticise the finished result. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP3 is coming along, albeit very slowly. I'm in the process of firing those who have either vanished from the face of the earth or who simply haven't done any work. Those interested in replacing the fired should contact me. Those not interested in helping out have little right to complain.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's involved? I'll write, but I don't do windows.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is this "UP3"?

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Utopia Planitia 3 is a starship database the last time I checked. I'll help out and I've offered before but no one responded by e-mail before. Anyway, I'll write since I can't draw.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's rather late here, but anyone interested in working on UP3 should send me a PM. I'll contact those who do so tomorrow sometime.
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How would this UP3 database differ from, say, Bernd's EAS database or other ship databases?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For one thing, pedigree. Utopia Planitia was one of the very first of its kind. These Forums are a descendant of what was merely an adjunct to UP. Most other databases actually copied (to the extent of layout and coding) UP's style.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You asked for it, man. I've sent you a PM long ago, and if now's the time, I'll do it again.

Sheesh... to think that I came here just to see what was going on with Utopia Planitia. [Razz]

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have an idea what it'll look like, but this sounds interesting. What exactly do you need? [Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

For the moment, I don't think we'll need anymore help. No less than five people have volunteered in the past 24 hours, and as long as they don't wind up being slackers like those that I've recently fired, we should be on track.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the agreement people make when they do stuff for this? I always hear people saying "oh yeah, I did this one cool thing, but I can't show you 'cause it's for UP3..."

Why all the secrecy? How come you guys don't do previews like Bernd does with his in-development sections of Ex-Astris?

Just a thought. No disrespect intended.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

[ February 24, 2002, 19:26: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
No disrespect intended.
HERESY! KILL HIM! KILL HIM!

quote:
as long as they don't wind up being slackers like those that I've recently fired, we should be on track.
::looks away innocently::

::whistles innocently::

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like doing stuff. I'd like to do stuff.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps