Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The TNG Year One DVD set (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The TNG Year One DVD set
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56908

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/review/dvd-video_4/startrek_nextgeneration_s1.html

A bunch of TNG DVD reviews. As expected, the quality is good, but not groundbreaking (hey, it's from 1987, give it a break!). I hope I can afford all seven boxes, but I'll surely buy this one ("Don't call me Shirley!").

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shirley

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a DVD boy yet, but I hope this means that we will have plenty of screencaps to discuss season 1 VFX and ships for a while.. should we start a project when somebody gets the DVD?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Flower Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll concentrate on ST movie DVDs. [Smile]
IP: Logged
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could really do with more Dustbuster Phaser screencaps (hint hint). . . 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay, I just bought the DVD set at Costco for $94.99. Damn I hate the taxes here in California. Anyway, I'm off to do my 20 hour TNG Season 1 marathon til I go back to school Tuesday.

[ May 07, 2002, 00:00: Message edited by: Vice-Admiral Michael T. Colorge ]

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you mean 26-hour? Maybe not, with commercials. Hmmm. Don't you live in Florida?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Season 1 screen caps...

The inside of the starbase in 11001001...
All the schematics and info from Data's info scanning in "Conspiracy"!!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like the upside-down parrot?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Don't you live in Florida?"

I think you might be thinking of Jordan.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snay, I live in the Los Angeles area. Which is why I was able to score some tickets to tour the Paramount Studios lot on April 15.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad Enterprise shooting wraps five days earlier.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Not that he'd get to see the sets, anyway. When I did my studio tour roughly ten years ago, the only sets I got to see was that cave structure from "The Circle" and a bunch of DS9 extras.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snayer:
Not that he'd get to see the sets, anyway. When I did my studio tour roughly ten years ago, the only sets I got to see was that cave structure from "The Circle" and a bunch of DS9 extras.

I took a tour in 1998. As I am fond of bragging to those few who care, I got to visit the Defiant bridge and corridor, and walk the DS9 promenade. It was hiatus, so there was debris everywhere and all of the control panel monitors were missing. Ops (according to the guide) was prepped for filming the later-scrapped DS9 cameo in Insurrection, but that may or may not be accurate. In any case, we couldn't see it. Also for Insurrection, the Enterprise-E sets weren't open, but we walked into the soundstage and got to see the big wooden outer walls of the bridge and engineering. There was also the shuttle cockpit and surrounding green-screen suspended above us, presumably just to get it out of the way.

Look for a short Asian guide and try to be in his tour. He specifically said that we weren't allowed in, but let us in anyway, and that makes him okay in my book.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

I'll look for him then Ryan. This actually is my third tour in Paramount Studios.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps