Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Nemesis Score? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Nemesis Score?
Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting back to film scores, if you want a Trek composer who was severely into cloning, two words: James Horner. He's gotten better in the last few years, but most of his work in the 80s could have been cut and pasted from one movie to another and you'd never be able to tell the difference.

While I like both Williams and Goldsmith, in some ways I think Goldsmith is the more inventive of the two. His handicap is that a lot of his best work has been tied up in less successful films (when it wasn't deleted altogether, as in the case of "Legend"). Williams' work has been in more successful films, especially due to his being Spielberg's pet composer.

[ March 26, 2002, 06:56: Message edited by: Woodside Kid ]

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
go see Amelie - no frontal nudity
Yes there is, actually, after a fashion, though it's hardly erotic in nature.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does one have frontal nudity "after a fashion"? Isn't that sort of a yes/no situation?

"He's dead, Jim, after a fashion..."

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you would be wearing the fashion, and then, once removed, you'd be naked. So, it's after the fashion.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, what I meant is that there's a doctor's eye view of a birth, which certainly involves nudity, but I'm not sure it fits the technical definition of full frontal, assuming such a thing exists.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to scores... John Williams' AotC score has just been blown loose upon the roiling currents of the open internet.

I'm still downloading half of it, and well, continence is dropping proportionally.

Feckin' amazing.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*starts up Napigator*

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For AudioGalaxy users

1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14

[ March 26, 2002, 15:00: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You bastard. I'm going to have to download that now, aren't I?

(I also think that when the hyper-super editions come out, Williams should really sneak the Emperor/Palaptine's theme into The Empire Strikes Back. And the lack of the Imperial March in A New hope is also painfully obvious).

"I can seriously say that there is NOTHING 'Holst' about Undiscovered Country - except its a grandious score."

And the fact that large portions of the score sounded more like Mars than Williams ever did also doesn't count, obviously.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Williams!?! The only resemblence to 'Mars: Bringer of War' is the large brass and 'grandiose' SP? Score... It has nothing of the weird rhythms, and underlying uneasiness that Mars brings. TUC - is just one 'huge' score. It works well with the movie - very nicely - but as a stand alone soundtrack - I was quite dissapointed. TFF both movie-wise and soundtrack are great - one of the few saving graces for that movie.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps