Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Poll: Who DOESN'T watch Voyager? (Read or Die!) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Poll: Who DOESN'T watch Voyager? (Read or Die!)
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
Further to the ongoing debate about a fifth series, I'd like answers to this question. Why? Because it's become plain that there are a lot of people who think the show is less than brilliant. So who here doesn't like Voyager and doesn't watch it as a result? I'm betting most of the responses will be "I don't like it very much but I watch it anyway."

And that is why people who say a fifth series won't get the audiences if it's crap are fooling themselves: Voyager is crap, but people still watch it, removing any onus for Paramount to do anything about improving it. . .

So, please respond. Could you also say whether or not you want a fifth series made now?

------------------
Remo Williams: "Chiun, you're amazing!"
Chiun: "No! I am BETTER than that!"

- Remo: Unarmed and Dangerous (1986)

Starfleet Weapons & Tactics

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watch Voyager in case they mention any Starfleet ships, and for episodes like "Barge of the Dead," where we see the entire crew get killed in the same scene.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"We've got some new songs here that are not even on the MP3 thing. They're not available in any format, except of course the bootlegs that seem to proliferate all through our audience, as we watch people lip-synch along to songs that HAVEN'T BEEN RELEASED! DAMN YOU!" - John Linnell

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
And otherwise you wouldn't? 8)

Actually, I KNOW Frank wouldn't!

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only reason I don't watch Voyager is because none of the stations I get carry it.

------------------
All hands, abandon ship! All hand, abandon...
BOOM!

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't GET to watch Voyager, because I can't see it in my area either, thanks to WB (dubba-dubba-yuck!) coming in and taking over the only UPN affiliate within 100 miles. And I don't have cable (I have to make do with stone knives and bear skins).

If they DO start a new series, I PLEAD to them not to show it on their crummy network. Show it on that new big network you just merged with, you dweebs!

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Ballo and I have been reading the same books :)

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to get reammed for this.
I personally like Voyager. Call me crazy but I'm a die hard fan. I look at it as a show that is Star Trek and at the same time isn't. I admit there are some eps I don't like, but for the most part I enjoy it.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Begin Waspinator speak*

Why universe hate Voyager?

*End Waspinator speak*

Seriously, I do like Voyager. The only major problem I have with it is that the writers can't seem to add well enough to realize which quadrant the ship should be in by now.

------------------
"Stop right there! I have here the only working phaser ever built! It was fired only once: to keep William Shatner from making another album."

- The Collector, "Treehouse of Horror X," The Simpsons.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also like Voyager, though I haven't been impressed with this season as yet. I don't get it in my area, but I have a friend who tapes it for me and mails me the tape. As a result I'm only up to "Alice" right now. I loved the carryover episodes and ongoing story arcs in the first seasons. The minor characters recurring, the plot line about Tom leaving the ship and the traitor on board.

I love the idea of the lone ship lost in space. Bu tlately it just seems like a lot of isolated episodes that don't really mean anything.

I'll probably watch any Trek they put out whether I think it's good or not. If it sucks, I'll watch it for the ships, set designs, costume designs, and other artistic parts.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Individual 5748
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I really like Voyager. Probably because it was really the first Trek I ever watched - from Voyager I was exposed to the others - and I have a certain loyalty to it or whatever.

However, I am aware a lot of people don't like it, so in reference to a fifth series, I would have to say hold off on it or have a really GOOD idea.

------------------
"Questions, comments, bring them to me. Problems, take them to Kinis."

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*kills whatever monster has been eating his cookies lately*

So Voyager has continuity problems and plot holes... Is it any worse than your average TV show? No. Is it as "deep" as TOS and DS9? Not really. But it's still good.

Oh, and if you have a major problem with the show, that's why they have an open submission policy.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

[This message has been edited by Elim Garak (edited November 10, 1999).]

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally like Voyager. It's not my favorite series, but I really enjoy several Voyager episodes.

------------------
Calvin: "I'm a man of few words."
Hobbes: "Maybe if you read more, you'd have a larger vocabulary."
Federation Starship Datalink - Now with a pop-up on every page...damn you Tripod!

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Next Generation is the best Star Trek series. That isn�t an opinion that�s a FACT!!!

As for Voyager I would say its tied with Deep Space Nine in my ratings of Star Trek Series, with TAS being last and the TOS being second to last. Voyager, although full of dull moments, has a greater amount of interesting and exciting moments. I watch it every weeknight and watch the new episodes every week on Wed. Speaking of new episodes, I�m REALLY looking forward to 'The Voyager Conspiracy' and 'Pathfinder'.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX GraphicsThe United Federation UplinkAxisIRC
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something being the best in a case like this (i.e. personal likes and dislikes) is a matter of opinion, not fact.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Dan
Member # 129

- posted      Profile for Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's time to add my cynical responce to this thread:

I watch Voyager for only a couple reasons:

1) Nothing else is on at that time.
2) Foundation Imaging/Digital Muse (Hell, I hope to be working at one of these places in the future, I might as well study up on them to figure out what to put on a demo reel)
3) My aunt watches the show religiously, and of course, everybody needs a contrary opinion on somethings

And like Frank, it's always nice to have scenes like in Barge of the Dead.

As far as my opinion is on it, the plots are starting to become predictable and unoriginal. Besides, why do they continue to make them if they become irrelevant the next episode?

------------------
Daniel Henderson
Senior Babylon 5/Crusade Editor
http://www.myrkr.com

Contributing Writer
Beyond Babylon
http://www.b5mg.com/Beyond_Babylon

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too am a die hard fan of Voyager. It is probably my favorite series.
I just hate that I see it on Friday instead of Wednesday.

------------------
Quark-"Stop. Or I'll disintigrate this hostage."
20th Century General-"With Your Finger?"
Quark-"With my death ray."
20th Century General-"Looks alot like a finger to me."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps