Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Re: Seven of Nine (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Re: Seven of Nine
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a rather interesting article about the designing of Seven's various suits in this months "Star Trek: Magazine".

------------------
"And if we weren't good to you, Dave, you shouldn't take it all the way to your grave."
--
Will Rigby

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't show nipples in prime time? Watched Friends lately (or ever)? My GOD! Anyway. Starfleet has always been quick to throw visitors into skin tight clothing.

Not that I wish to give dignity to this point but, Jeri Ryan hasn't had too much added to her. Did anyone see the MTV special she hosted in a bikini and a towl? I'll leave the rest to your collective imaginations.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't a "Dress Seven!" applet be fun where several outfits can be tested?

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well.. she wouldn't get a uniform until she became a Starfleet officer, so I'm afraid that she has to stay in her civilian clothes.... DAMN... You'll never see me complain!!

------------------
Alshrim Dax

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've read that article, and it says that since her costume is made of dance material, it's actually more manuverable than everyone else's costume.

------------------
--Then, said Cranly, do you not intend to become a protestant?
--I said that I had lost the faith, Stephen answered, but not that I had lost self-respect. What kind of liberation would that be to forsake an absurdity which is logical and coherent and to embrace one which is illogical and incoherent?

James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Listen, I have the perfect solution to this argument over Seven's clothing. She should wear nothing, yes that's right, perform naked. That would solve the problem of clothing her wouldn't it?

------------------
Do business with us, or we'll ruin you.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I imagine her being naked on the show anyway :P

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan
http://www.phix-it.com/~perseus/

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know what I think? You are all a bunch of perverts !

Seriously, I was disappointed to see such a cheap method of boosting the show's ratings. I thought that those days (since TOS) had been left behind, but no, 7 of 9 has basically the same function in her civilian clothing as the female officers did in their miniskirts in TOS: to keep the show from going down!

(Which is not to say 7 doesn't look good )

------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but they could have done a lot worse... Jeri Ryan actually has some less tangible attributes, too. (Acting ability is the one I'm thinking of.)
IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why can't Seven have a SF uniform? All the Maquis got them, and Chakotay is the only one (that we know of) who was actually in Starfleet.

------------------
"Is he live or dead? Has he thoughts within his head?"
-Black Sabbath, "Iron Man"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the other hand, Kes and Neelix didn't get them.

------------------
"It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came and the grasshopper died and the octopus ate all his acorns, and then he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?."
--
Futurama

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True but on the few occations when Neelix served as a security officer or something, into a gold uniform he went. I don't know if this means anything or not. Personally I think Jeri will continue to look and act brilliantly no matter what they put her in. Although because of the jaw dropping effect that those regen. suits tend to have on the typical male audience, I don't see them going away any time soon.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Actually, I don't think Neelix has ever worn a Starfleet uniform in reality, has he? I thought all his appearences in one have been in alternate realities or future timelines.

------------------
"It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came and the grasshopper died and the octopus ate all his acorns, and then he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?."
--
Futurama

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it was just "Before and After", "Year of Hell", and "Living Witness", was it not?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps