Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » VAdmiral Janeway (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: VAdmiral Janeway
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be hard pressed to say it "went" anywhere.

------------------
"What did it mean to fly? A tremor in your soul. To resist the dull insistance of gravity."
--
Camper Van Beethoven

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Voyager's writers and producers are perfectly capable of using continuity- when it suits their purposes. "The Voyager Conspiracy" referred correctly to a number of past events, while at the same time ignoring a number of other (more important) events that would have contracted the conspiracy theory (there are better examples but thats the first one that comes to mind).
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael: How can you complain about the show, and then suggest that it's been improving in quality?

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"People don't mind if you speak a subset of a natural language, especially if you are a child or a foreigner. (Except in Paris, of course.)" - Larry Wall

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I also saw a quote from someone else (maybe Joe Menosky?) saying that the producers/writers/whatever actually go out of their way to disregard previous canon if it fits their purpose. Idiots..."

He said that they'd bend continuity for a good story. At least that's the way that I interpretted it.

That's a little different from going out of your way to screw things up. (This is almost what I mean by any excuse.)

"Michael: How can you complain about the show, and then suggest that it's been improving in quality?"

Well, no show is ever perfect. Therefore you could complain about it and still say that it's good of improved or whatever.

------------------
"Warning: The contents of this Physics lab are 100% matter. Should the lab come in contact with antimatter in any way, a catastrophic explosion will occur."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You missed my joke, Elim.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"People don't mind if you speak a subset of a natural language, especially if you are a child or a foreigner. (Except in Paris, of course.)" - Larry Wall

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, the EIII says that Crusher was a Lieutenant Commander, but his rank insignia indicates Lieutenant Junior Grade, if you trust the chart on p. 210. The Fact Files says, it's the rank insignia of a Lieutenant.

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A lieutenant-commander when he made the recording or when he died? I know "Family" said that Jack was never able to make another recording, but I don't recall it saying the exact amount of time before his death. How old was Wesley when he died? I believe he was just a baby when Jack mad the message. The uniforms changed over during the gap, so perhaps Jack did well and got himself promoted a couple of times.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The E3's right about Crusher's rank. He is a Lieutenant Commander. It was mentioned on screen, but I forgot which episode.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, but there is still a difference between the EIII and the FactFiles rank insignia chart.

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps