Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Pre-E Sickbay! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pre-E Sickbay!
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.tvguide.com/magazine/issues/010820/magftr.asp

Scroll down. Comments? To me, it looks like the Voyager set, without any durved surfaces. And look - curtains! One wonders how that works in microgravity... Still, it's the first real concept of personal isolation we've seen in a sickbay set.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh! Ooh! Look at me! I'm a broken link!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Tech Sergeant Chen
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Tech Sergeant Chen         Edit/Delete Post 
Not broken. Just apparently nonfunctional with Netscape. Views fine in IE. Stupid webmasters and their IE-only code.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm using IE.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Oh, sure, now it works...

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, T'Pol's got a nice rack goin' with that sickbay pic. There's just something wrong with the face though. Maybe it's the unisex Vulcan haircut. Or the size of her lips, kinda reminds me of Angelina Jolie.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Hmm... Those displays above the beds remind me of the ones in TOS...

--------------------

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has somewhat of a 2001 look to it. Which is a good thing.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of the details (surgery bed on rails, curtains) are nice, but some (especially in the walls) are too sophisticated even compared to the simplicistic Enterprise-D sickbay. What I don't like is that, like the bridge, this sickbay seems to have the same basic layout as on all later ships. No development here.

In addition, this is not what I would call an attractive photo of T'Pol.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post 
When T'Pol brings her guns to bear, she has two very large pointed ones to fire from.

Going from the absurd to the tantalizing-there is a third photo. This photo shows masks for the Axanar, a species in the second episode. Could these Axanar be the same as the Axanar mentioned in "Whom Gods Destroy"? These latter Axanar were peaceful scientists and diplomats who lived on the fourth planet of the sun Axanar.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well, all the equipment on the walls above the beds seems to jive with what we have nowadays. Everything has it's own little control. Perhaps by the time TNG rolls around, everything can be controlled from one central panel...?

--------------------

colin
Member # 217

Since the sickbay seems determined to be the focus of discussion, does anyone else think this sickbay has the appearance of an emergency room at a large city hospital?
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Sickbay reminds me of the ER at the Kaiser Permanente hospital I've visited. I have to say that the set looks good, although I don't like the fact that it still looks a bit advance for a Pre-TOS series...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

Oh no the sickbay looks too modern like something you would find on an amazing ship from the 32nd century Berman is evil and wants to steal my soul blah blah blah.

colin
Member # 217

Technological advances are accelerating faster than we can predict the future state of technology. The guys and gals of the new show are doing their best working with the limitations of the first, yet at the same time showing a future technological world that is plausible for the early 21st century.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps