Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Suliban (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Suliban
Dr Phlox
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for Dr Phlox         Edit/Delete Post 
Even though Data's make-up was not elaborate it was still very fascinating. Phlox reminds me of Neelix with a hair cut and a skin condition. "Good news wears no clothes." ,Neelix

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: Dr Phlox ]

--------------------
President Josiah Bartlet: Congratulations. So, who is da man on this one?

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just in case I did confuse anyone, in my original post it should read that I like the Suliban makeup but am so-so on Phlox. Of course, for the reasons Red Admiral stated, the makeup on the major characters can't really be all that great. Too many facial protusions and stuff can also limit the actor's ability to convey emotion through facial expressions and body language (although this is not always the case). On minor characters, it's not that real important since they only pop up once and a while and don't go through much character development. Major characters and frequently recurring characters need it.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

Actuaully there have been many break throughs in make up that with elaborate make up emotion can still be shown. As with many aspects of Enterprise not alot of effort was shown.

--------------------

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: I think this time we're all collectively da man, sir.

Deputy Communications Director Sam Seaborn: I accidentally slept with a call girl.

Communications Director Toby Ziegler: Accidentally? Did you trip over something?
-----------------
The West Wing

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me? Many aspects? What the hell are you talking about? A lot of effort was put into this show. Some people (not me, others) say that not a lot of effort was put into the ship. Fine by me. But what else that we know of so far has had barely any effort put into it?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, it seems that more effort has been put into this show than into any other aspect of Trek, ever, including the movies. Or perhaps TMP got a little more effort. At least it had a more prolonged and painful birth.

Just about everything about ENT is new, and somebody coughed up an exceptionally big lump of dough to come up with all the detailed standing sets and expansive one-episode sets. Recurring characters are already being written in, sets exist for things that aren't shown in the earliest episodes, and there is obviously some sort of background research going on all the way back to TOS (something that never really happened after TMP).

Timo Saloniemi

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Timo!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
Indeed, it seems that more effort has been put into this show than into any other aspect of Trek, ever, including the movies. Or perhaps TMP got a little more effort. At least it had a more prolonged and painful birth.

Just about everything about ENT is new, and somebody coughed up an exceptionally big lump of dough to come up with all the detailed standing sets and expansive one-episode sets. Recurring characters are already being written in, sets exist for things that aren't shown in the earliest episodes, and there is obviously some sort of background research going on all the way back to TOS (something that never really happened after TMP).

I agree. Whether we all agree with the outcome, I don't think anyone can deny that Enterprise is the most pre-planned and certainly the most costly Star Trek attempt yet. What's the budget for "Broken Bow," again?

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Dr Phlox
Member # 680

I just went to IMDB and they have no info. Enterprise does have a major budget and hope for Berman and Cos sake it's a hit.

--------------------

-----------------
The West Wing

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I totally agree. Phlox' appearance is disapointing. They should have give him at least an alien colour, like Stingray said.
I was definatly expecting something along the lines of TAS' Lt' Arex: a strange barely humanoid creature with a silly voice.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Kosa
Member # 650

- posted      Profile for Kosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read that in the Planet of the Apes remake, that despite having quite alot of make up and plastics on there face, the actors were able to express emotion quite well.

Just a little tid bit that is quite unhelpful

[ August 26, 2001: Message edited by: Kosa ]

--------------------
More human than human -Blade Runner

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee:
quote:
"Yes! Now Phloxberg is the popular one!"
LOL.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FINALLY someone gets it. . . 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Oh, I GOT it...it's very clever.."
"...Thank you."
"How's that working out for you?"
"What?"
"Being clever."
"OK, I guess...?"
"Keep it up, then..."

--Tyler Durden & The Narrator, "Fight Club"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps