Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Spoilers -- Sleeping Dogs ($$$) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Spoilers -- Sleeping Dogs ($$$)
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$$$ Spoilers for the Preview for "Sleeping Dogs"

I need to hunt down and download a copy of the "Sleeping Dogs" promo that aired tonight. My eyes might be deceiving me, but I think that we are going to see to a new design for a Klingon ship.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup... new scout ship. I've gotten my hands on an .mov file from http://www.outpost6.com but I can't grab from that too easily. Best I can describe it is as a cross between a BoP and a Vor'cha.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I managed to take one shot of it, but I don't have a place to put it online...
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] CGI Targs!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooohh, screenshots:

Hoshi and T'Pol in Decon Chamber!

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not a very animal-looking ship, this one. The wings are quite unlike bird wings, the bow is an angular monstrosity quite unlike a head, and the posture doesn't indicate crouching for attack or speeding through air or anything. Well, at least the wings have feather patterns.

No obvious weapon ports, although the bow has lots of greeblings. Is that an honest window there, instead of a forward viewscreen? The warp nacelles aren't very Klingonlike - the Jem'Hadar might sue for copyright (and then you die).

The targ is nowhere as cute as the "Where No One" version (let alone Molly's dolly), but a nice touch anyway. Are those kept for food, as pets, for hunting, for guarding...?

The cook must be out of uniform - we can barely see the cleavage. And Hoshi, Reed and T'Pol have mastered the fine art of sitting up when unconscious, later demonstrated by Kirk and pals in "Spock's Brain" (and pioneered by Mr Bean in "The Ultimate Disaster Movie"). Is that underwear regulation color? Shouldn't Reed wear red?

Timo Saloniemi

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

They're not quite unconscious... they're in the decon chamber, trying hard to sit in the pose the director told them to sit in.

Oh, yeah. The sickbay screenshot with the Klingon woman. Is that a gun, and if so, one we have seen before?

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like the business end of the standard ENT plasma rifle, which we have seen before a few times. And that is a modification of the Jem'Hadar rifle, which we saw quite a few times, too. And THAT was modified from the Hunter rifle of DS9 "Captive Pursuit", which in turn was built on a weapon used in a variety of TNG eps.

Frankly, the current version looks like a glue gun to me.

Timo Saloniemi

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've already tried my hand at diagramming the rifle, based on the Jem'Hadar one:

. . . although for some reason I missed the forward pistol grip. Problem is, I didn't have a lot to work with when I did it as we'd never seen it very clearly (see my page http://www.leenet.demon.co.uk/phaser/2150/class3.htm for an idea of the available images I had at the time). I now have some more images to add to the page (including these ones, if that's OK?), when I get round to it. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Frankly, the current version looks like a glue gun to me.

I thought it looked like a grease gun. I like that ship.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding the "cuteness" of the targ... Perhaps they're more like dogs than we'd think. Look at the variation between, say, a Chihuahua and a great Dane. Or a Doberman pinscher and a shih tzu.

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: TSN ]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...or those beasties on the Klingon ship aren't Targs. Maybe more closely-related to Kruge's little K'orthos in TSFS.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Or Kruge's beast was also a Targ, going with the dog-theory.

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

At the risk of turning this post into another starship thread, it looks like Eaves' cable-stayed motif has indeed cropped up on this scout (you can see the cables in the close-up of the aft end). I wonder if the battlecruiser design from the magazine will also turn up?

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

Hopefully, since at least it would help tie together this design and the other known Klingon vessels. So far, the similarity isn't that striking.

On the same vein, perhaps we could also see the evolutionary steps that led to the classic Klingon Bird of Prey, again a design that was quite dissimilar from the previously established Klingon vessels. Something with inboard warp engines and wingtip weapons, at least.

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps