Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Enterprise showing in the UK (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Enterprise showing in the UK
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those in the UK, and for those who did not yet know, or hadn't heard, 'Enterprise' will finally be hitting our screens on January 7th 2002, on Sky One.

Yes, you Americans, we're that far behind, so have pity on us.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, listen you prick, you've got Buffy on DVD through the third or fourth season.

We don't even have season one.

Which would be a terrible thing if I was a huge fan of Buffy, but since I'm not, oh well.

Anyhoo ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, half a season doesn't sound that far behind, comparitively, does it? That's a bit better than DS9 or Voyager were running, no? Or is it about the same?
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey don't call me a prick, that's not called for, how can you flame me for simply announcing the beginning a new TV show?

And I don't care about Buffy, never seen it, nor do I wish to.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Red Admiral,

I was kidding [Smile] I mean, no I wasn't. You've got Buffy! Biatch.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the UK is the same as Australia, they should have up to season 3 of Buffy and season 1 of Angel on DVD. I have heard though that the US releases are going to have far more extra features when they're released (extra commentaries and such).

We've also started to have ads (on channel 9) claiming we're gonna get Enterprise aired in 2002, but no exact date is given.

[ December 24, 2001: Message edited by: Dax ]

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, early reports are that terrestrial (non-satellite) broadcasts of Enterprise will be on Channel 4, that favoured channel of all Babylon 5 and Angel fans.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Kosa
Member # 650

- posted      Profile for Kosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I jumped with glee when I saw that add Dax.

I hope Enterprise lasts longer in prime time than Voyager's whole six or so episodes, when it was released here as well.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*points out for Lee's benefit that slightly-later-than-early but still early reports have Channel 4 crossing their hearts (and, one assumes, hoping to die should they deviate from this course) and saying they won't cut Enterprise at all when they air it.*

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They promised the same thing with Buffy and Angel. Which means we get to watch them just after midnight. Yay.

"And I don't care about Buffy, never seen it, nor do I wish to."

How amazingly open-minded of you there, Reddy.

The whole sitation has gotten better. At the start, TNG would be anything from a year to two or three years late. DS9 and Voyager varied from a couple of months to about a year. Half a year is good. Also, if it follows the Buffy/Angel Sky pattern, it won't take a break, which means we'll gradually catch up to the US airings (Buffy and Angel occasionally ended up only a week behind the US. And had terrible picture quality when they did too, for some reason).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

I don't need to be open minded, it's just that vampires don't float my boat. I'm primarily interested in science fiction. I'm not condemning Buffy, I simply don't have sufficient interest to sit down and watch it. I'm sure it's a good show for what it is.

--------------------

The ASDB

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's how I felt until I actually watched it... now I'm hooked. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same here.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really like Buffy. It doesn't interest me. I've seen it, and I still don't like it.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh. I just don't like Sarah Michelle Gellar.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps