Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Enterprise showing in the UK (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Enterprise showing in the UK
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um, Sieggy, my previous theory as to why your life was unhappily free from access to ova was pure bad luck.

After reading the above, I can only conclude you're gay.

[Smile]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I don't care that much for her, either, if we're talking about looks. Any attractiveness about her is too typical...
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen the DVDs out in UK. No fucking transfer cleanup at all, it might as well be broadcast quality (ick!!)
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True, although most TV DVDs are like that. The quality improves as it goes on. Seasons 1 and 2 are 18", Season 3 is 35", and season 4 is High definition wide-screen (thanks to the BBC. Yes. Thank them for that. And curse C4, for they are the reason why season 1 of Angel isn't in widescreen).

The quality will be better than the US one, due to the PAL format too.

And Tim Horny Bastard Nix also has strange complaints when it comes to wmmen. "No Sarah, take that out of your mouth, and put your kit back on. You are far too typical for me. Leave!"

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He'd probably drop the "you're too typical" line before it got to that stage. I think.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a lot easier to be picky when you don't have a hope in hell.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sarah Michelle Gellar is a knockout .. she's just stupid! I've seen interviews with her .. and she's just not all there, y'know!?

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Alshrim ]

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Originally, I typed "stereotypical", but I changed it because it didn't sound right. Perhaps I should have left it.

By "typical", I didn't mean she looked normal and needed to have her attractive features be even more so. I meant she fits the usual definition everyone has of "attractive" or "beautiful" or "hot", or whatever word you want to use. She has the kind of looks that make a roomful of horny male adolescents all spray their short simultaneously. And I'm not much a fan of those kind of looks.

You'll probably also complain if I tell you that, in my opinion, if a woman's breasts are too big, they're actually unattractive, and my definition of "too big" is probably about the same as most guys' idea of "big enough, but could be better".

Yes, I'm a weirdo. Thankfully.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, The_Tom, my unhappy lack of access to ova isn't due to bad luck either. It's all part of a vast right-wing conspiracy to keep me celibate.

I do find Sarah Michelle Gellar to be attractive, but, from what I've seen of her when she's away from her roles, she really comes across as clueless and flaky. That's much the same opinion I hold of Alicia Silverstone and Mariah Carey (among others).

Besides, no one really compares to Lexa Doig or the young Audrey Hepburn. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TSN, you're definetely NOT a weirdo. Wait - unless I am one too, for a share your opinions on SMG exactly. And I don't like Buffy because - quite simply - the whole series is utterly stupid. I've seen several episodes in the hope that they might get better somehow, but no. Every episode seems to have the same plot. The only reason for which this series seems to exist is for the aforementioned guys to be able to... well you know what I mean, no one who really watches Buffy keenly gives a f*** about the stories. It's just "Let's see her waving her tits into the camera and... see above.

*** end rant mode ***

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Every single person who likes the show would tend to strongly disagree with you.

Of course, I've never actually seen it.

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't remember many episodes of Buffy in which SMG showed much skin, so unless these alleged male fans get off on her face alone, they must be pretty diappointed. Personally, I like the show simply because it's fun.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

AP: Yes, you're a weirdo, too, then. Welcome to the club.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, most of those Buffy fans also like Angel. And although he does have a habit of losing his shirt every other episode, it's not why I watch.

Well, it's not the only reason. Nyah.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the warm welcome, TSN. Anyone else care to join our nice little club? [Wink]

Oh and of course there wasn't a lot of naked skin on the show, at least not in the eps I saw. That's not what I meant. I just exaggerated a little.

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: Austin Powers ]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps