Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » That didn't take long... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: That didn't take long...
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for the garage industry.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's cool. But what the heck is up with those registries it provides? NCX-165? Huh?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*imagining the reaction if the producers actually named one of the NX-class vessels Akira* wow that would be something...

[ February 06, 2002, 11:24: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking the "C" and the "1" are typos. At least the "C". It'd just be NX-65, though one wonders why they would go up that high...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow... i havent done a model in a long time... mabye its a good place to start?

Also.. anyone know where I can pick up an Akira-Class model?

-Wes

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Minor $poiler$ present, you have been forwarned

Large assumption on their part if they think the Shenandoah from a recent episode is an NX class...unless that's what TPTB also think.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Federation Models, Wes. There's 2 sizes outthere, the 1/1400 by Starcrafts which is fucking spectacular & the 1/2500 by Spaceboy. I think FM only carries the Starcrafts one, though. You can check Starship Modeler for the other.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$

quote:
Large assumption on their part if they think the Shenandoah from a recent episode is an NX class...unless that's what TPTB also think
Mayweather said that "three more NX-class ships are on the drawing boards". I wouldn't expect any of them to get a captain so early.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yah...I didn't think the Shenandoah was an NX... I assumed it was an older class of ship. Man, some of those models by Warp Models are killer!!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Shik
Member # 343

Warp kits suck ass. Shitty brittle resin that shatters if you blink at it wrong.

--------------------

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
i broke my warp nebula when i dropped it 6 inches onto my bed. [Frown] . damn GRP.

--jacob

IP: Logged
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody know where "Aniara" comes from? I know it's a sci-fi poem by Harry Martinson, but did he have a source for the name? Old Greek plays, or something?

Agreed that whatever the Shenandoah is, it's NOT a NX-class starship.

Timo Saloniemi

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post 
Based on on-line research,

1953 Poetry by the sci-fi writer Harry Martinson.

1958 A opera of that name, based on the previously mentioned play, is conducted in England.

1978 A ship of that name, the M/S Aniara , is launched. She is a car carrier.

Sources:
The Poem

[URL=http://www.hnh.com/New Designs/Intro.files/bintro.files/operas/Aniara.htm]The Opera[/URL]

[ February 07, 2002, 05:01: Message edited by: targetemployee ]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Ok...well, the models look cool in the pics they have up anyway [Smile] Too bad they aren't better quality.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so theres no ertl plastic akiras out there?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps