Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » That didn't take long... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: That didn't take long...
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No...I think ERTLs last individual Trek Model was the Defiant. They put out a couple of sets after that that, but I'm pretty sure the Deffie was the last indiviudal. Monogram did the Voyager models.

*drools at the thought of ERTL kits of all the FC ships and the Raven...*

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* You guys have no idea how lucky you are. I would have LOVED to be able to do a Star Trek model kit 20 years ago. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd much prefer if they picked another company to do Trek models; I never saw a starship kit from ERTL that didn't have serious design errors in it. Why do you think there are so many people out there making parts to correct the flaws?

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True. All I really ever cared about was that they were close enough to use for some descent photo reference. I named all mine differently than the ship they were supposed to be anyway, so I attribute any errors in the models to variations among ships of that class [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Joe Brown
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
I'm thinking the "C" and the "1" are typos. At least the "C". It'd just be NX-65, though one wonders why they would go up that high...

Hi, all!

I wrote that review, and checked it after it was posted on-line. Sorry, no typos! The registries and ship names are what was on the decal sheet that came with that example model. Why the odd numbers, and the mis-spellings? Ask Tom Sasser, the owner of Thomas Models, since he put all that together!

I'd apoligize about the photo quality, except that I'm a lousy photographer. I get it in focus, and hope my flash doesn't wash out the details. And, I was a bit rushed to get that shot & up on-line.

Is this a good resin kit? Dang straight! But, if you've never built a resin kit before, it will present some challenges -- that's merely a cautionary warning. The kit is made from a 'standard' resin, not the horrible GRP that Warp of England uses.

I have finished the model, and there is a complete construction write-up already sent off to Starship Modeler; it's waiting in the "To be posted soon" pile of articles that John Lester has over there.

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps