Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » So i was watching Star Wars...huh...um i mean Enterprise (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So i was watching Star Wars...huh...um i mean Enterprise
koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I’m not sure what it is but so far in every episode, Enterprise is looking more and more like Star Wars, example you say well obviously that watto guy and the desert planet idea, the ship with the star wars engines on the intro scene. But I’m sure others have noticed. So I’m curious, how many things about Enterprise are like star wars?

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh, ...

Why don't you tell US?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well they are both Space Sci-Fi. Get used to the similes.

They did put in the TIE-Fighter flyby sound in "Sacrifice of Angels" in one battle scene.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ten bucks say's George bought the Star Trek franchise after Gene passed away and is now trying to hid the fact to keep trek fans. But he seems to be failing.

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post 
$10 dont say anything, and if it were the deer variety i doubt they'd say anything too haha

Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fact that both franchises have starships and desert planets and take place in space doesn't really make them anything alike.

People who try and compare Star Wars with Star Trek aren't really looking at the way the series are made or the stories that they're telling.

Yah...they're both Sci-Fi. Gotcha. But look at Star Wars. It's the story of a family. It's got history and it has an epic feel to it.

Star Trek is not that way at all. Star Trek is episodic. It tells a continuing story that could go on forever. The whole feel of the stories and the whole way they're told are completely different from one another.

The occasional similar alien or planet or ship or weapon will never make me think they're alike.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, Koy, do you really need two threads to try and make your point that the two are similar?

[ May 09, 2002, 10:05: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"...and the desert planet idea..."

Ever heard of Dune? That must be just like SW, too...

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

...Hello?....Hello...is anyone out there with an open mind hello?

[ May 09, 2002, 13:36: Message edited by: koy'peled Oy'tio ]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. But you're making about as much sense as Gene Ray.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I beg to differ, at least Gene Ray has a point that he's trying to get across, with substantial backing. Nonsensical backing, but arguments naytheless.

Oh, and koy, dude:

-

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So THAT's how rhyetalyn is really spelled... I bet these were a marketing success back in 1986.

Timo Saloniemi

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Open mind? So, your idea of an open mind is blindly agreeing with everything you say and not having opinions of our own?

Geez...I was trying to respond in an intelligent fashion and in a way that might present something you might actually want to discuss.

You asked a question... How many things about Enterprise are like Star Wars? We're telling you. We don't think that many. If you have a different opinion...that's Jim Dandy. Tell us.

I'm resisting the urge to swear.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
i'm not resisting my urge: mother fucking shit bag asshole cocksucking troll!!!!!! there, i feel better. you should try it, Aban. anyway, how has this guy lasted as long as he has?

--jacob

IP: Logged
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find it ironic that this guy is accusing US of not having open minds, when HE'S the one who's rather close-mindedly assuming that Enterprise is ripping off of Star Wars just because it's set on a desert planet...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps