Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Enterprise and the ratings (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Enterprise and the ratings
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hoards and hoards of casual fans.
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just like Nemesis right? I saw lots of casual fans wanting to go see that movie. If Trekkies don't like Trek, I can tell you that casual fans will not either. Especially if Trekkies are starting to look for other things to do than watch Star Trek.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I submit that it's the other way around. Casual fans have fewer reasons to be disenchanted, because they don't care (not as much as diehards might, anyway) about frivolous extraneous details. There's simply less to detriment their enjoyment.

Mind you, Nemesis suffers from flaws that are hard to overlook no matter which camp you're in, but Trekkie audiences are, on the whole, more attentive to them.

[ February 08, 2003, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: E. Cartman ]

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by E. Cartman:
I submit that it's the other way around. Casual fans have fewer reasons to be disenchanted, because they don't care (not as much as diehards might, anyway) about frivolous extraneous details. There's simply less to detriment their enjoyment.

Mind you, Nemesis suffers from flaws that are hard to overlook no matter which camp you're in, but Trekkie audiences are, on the whole, more attentive to them.

The only problem there is the opening day, word of mouth. If Trekies don't like the film, and that is the opinion spread around during opening weekend, then it could affect the casual veiwer ticket sales.

I didn't go because I didn't like Insurrection. I'm tired of wasting money for films I don't like. I will probably rent it when it comes out, since it's less then the price of a ticket, and dinner out and popcorn and soda...

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps