Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$J-class$$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$$J-class$$$
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
....Perhaps Mayweather's ship will even be the vessel which makes contact with the Iotians...

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Iotia was 100 light years beyond the federation of 100 years in the future. If the ECS Horizon tops out at Warp 2 that would take them, hmm...like a long ass time to get there. Besides, c'mon, its just silly to think that!

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah we have much better things to do than think that.

hmph.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Iotia was 100 light years beyond the federation of 100 years in the future. If the ECS Horizon tops out at Warp 2 that would take them, hmm...like a long ass time to get there.
It was implied in "Fortunate Son" that Earth freighters would probably receive warp engine upgrades to be able to travel faster that the usual warp two. So no, it isn't silly at all.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh...I'm fairly sure that the Horizon from "A Piece Of The Action" (TOS) was fairly heavily implied to have been a Starfleet vessel in the episode, Daedalus-class issues aside.

And I think it would be quite silly indeed to have a Vega-Draylax cargo freighter "discover" Iotia.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad the Sci-Fi channel doesnt air Star Trek anymore so we could see what the exact text was regarding the Horizon, as far as confirming that a freighter making first contact with a planet such as Iotia. I think that it being implied that 100 light years beyond the Federation border is where the Horizon discovered Iotia means that this was a deep space exploration going on here, and again not a freight run and yeah yeah, Im stating the obvious, but really, wouldnt it be nice to see the infamous Daedalus class starship prior to the end of the Enterprise series? Hell, SEEING ANY OTHER Starfleet ship of the era would be relatively refreshing to the Starship list fetish ppl [Wink]

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And I think it would be quite silly indeed to have a Vega-Draylax cargo freighter "discover" Iotia.
Unless, of course, the Horizon was given both a refit AND a new mission purpose other than hauling cargo once it was integrated into the Federation Starfleet, if that were to happen at all.

In all honestly, no, I don't think that Mayweather's ship was the same vessel mentioned in "A Piece of the Action." But is it a possibility? Maybe, if you tend to think like B&B do.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Too bad the Sci-Fi channel doesnt air Star Trek anymore
http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3?program=STAR+TREK&x=52&y=40

But, even better: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005BCK6/qid%3D1044572519/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-6877493-7194260

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
quote:
Unless, of course, the Horizon was given both a refit AND a new mission purpose other than hauling cargo once it was integrated into the Federation Starfleet, if that were to happen at all.

In all honestly, no, I don't think that Mayweather's ship was the same vessel mentioned in "A Piece of the Action." But is it a possibility? Maybe, if you tend to think like B&B do.

I see where you're coming from, but why would a privately-owned and operated freighter (as I think the E.C.S. Horizon has been implied to be) be "integrated" into Starfleet? [Confused]
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
I see where you're coming from, but why would a privately-owned and operated freighter (as I think the E.C.S. Horizon has been implied to be) be "integrated" into Starfleet? [Confused] [/QB]
So that Admiral Forrest can add it to his Starfleet ship list of course!

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps