Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Season Three: Only Twenty-Four Episodes? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Season Three: Only Twenty-Four Episodes?
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Almost. It sort of started in "Human Error," although for most of that episode it was a Holo-Chakotay.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
Hmm. When I first heard this rumor, I thought that perhaps ENT was cutting the two eps so that they'd have more money to put into making the remaining episodes of the season better-than-average.

I really doubt that the one thing Trek needs in order to make better episodes is more money.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DS9 is obviously the best Trek... strange because it was on a station. TNG is probably a real close #2 [episodes in the first two seasons bring it down]. TOS, forgetting it's 60s-ness, is probably third. And I can't distinguish between ENT and VOY on a level of which is better.

And yes, my opinion is my opinion.

As for Party of 5, I wouldn't know. I never really watched the show when it was on, I only know enough to recognized some of the actors and a little of the plot.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by J:
DS9 is obviously the best Trek... strange because it was on a station.

DS9 was so good because it concentrated on personal interactions and how the characters coped with events far beoyend their ability to personally affect.
It's why war epics are so dramatic but the old formula of a crew exploring in a ship is so tired.
They can always just leave a bad situation by warping away on a starship but when the whole quadrant's circling the bowl, theres nowhere to go. [Wink]

Besides, the characters got a chance to develop gradually each episode and we didint have to be force-fed entire episodes of "all Worf and Alexander" or "all Troi and her mom" or whatever.

Personally, I much prefer TNG's first and second season to it's sixth and seventh. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked Voyager. There I said it. Enterprise is getting better.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Personally, I much prefer TNG's first and second season to it's sixth and seventh. [Wink] "

You are a madman. Shades of Grey! Haven! Skin of Evil! You don't seriously prefer THAT drek to episodes like Preemptive Strike, Chain of Command and Gambit, do you? EH?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, no,...... but episodes of the crew devolving into monsters, space librarys making the ship and Data into a god and temple, Bev Crusher's scottish ghost story romance, anything with Alexander, Troi's long forgotten dead sister, and the episode with Worf teaching that klingon preison camp Ti-Chi all fall into my "never again" category even moreso than Skin of Evil (but possibly not as much as The Child or Shades Of Crap).
Besides, I liked Pulaski more than Crusher.
She's not good looking, but when she has a line, she sounds smart whereas bev has the worst Trek doctor line ever- "He's exhausted!" in BOBW when Picard is trying to tell Data how to stop the Borg.
I hate her for that alone....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Well, no,...... but episodes of the crew devolving into monsters, space librarys making the ship and Data into a god and temple, Bev Crusher's scottish ghost story romance, anything with Alexander, Troi's long forgotten dead sister, and the episode with Worf teaching that klingon preison camp Ti-Chi all fall into my "never again" category

All those bar one are from season 7 though, which really was much worse than season 6. Although yeah, Birthright part II sucks big smelly eggs. (I quite liked "Genesis" though).

Even in amoungst the drek of season 7 though, there were still gems like "Parallels" and "The Pegasus". Which were both quality, and way better than anything season 2 produced. Apart from "Q Who". And maybe "Times Squared".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

So mainly. season 7 sucked it hard.
Season one and two both blew if judged together but had a couple of high points themselves: "Q Who?", "The Defector" and "Consparicy" are all personal favorites...(although The Defector might have been season three?).
Season six had the horrible two parter with Picard and Riker on that Priate ship.....the horror...
And it also had Descent witch officially started the Borg on the path to becoming the pussies they were in Voyager.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason,

Season SEVEN had "the horrible two parter with Picard and Riker on that Pirate ship."

The second season had some gems - "Measure of a Man", for one ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Remind me never to buy season seven of TNG on DVD.

Measure of a Man" was compelling (havent seen that one in a while).
Even the first Moriaty episode -in season two- is worth watching (although not as often as Spike TV plays it).
Can you imagine DR. Crusher in that episode instead of Pulaski?
It would have completely sucked.

Seasons 3-5 seem to be the best.
One disappointing thing: Picard ditched that cool uniform jacket he wore in Darmok after just a few episodes.
It made his uniform look...well...more like a uniform!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wha'chou talkin'? He wore that cool jacket on and off through the rest of the series!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Yup.

And a season 7 box set would be worth it for The Pegasus", "Parallels", "All Good Things", "Preemptive Strike", and for the fact that Picard gets chatted up by a man.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Wha'chou talkin'? He wore that cool jacket on and off through the rest of the series!

Mark

DId he? I cant recall him using it but a few times...and then with no rhyme or reason.
I like it: it was imposing.

As to the season seven good episodes: I have em' all on video already.
Not worth $100 for better picture clarity on
three episodes. [Razz]

Paticularly when I'm only up to season five of DS9...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I cant recall him using it but a few times...and then with no rhyme or reason."

Well, it wasn't his real uniform. It seemed to be more of an informal thing for when he felt like "dressing down".

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps