Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Season Three: Only Twenty-Four Episodes? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Season Three: Only Twenty-Four Episodes?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was kinda a precursor to the DS9 uniforms.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, hell, whenever he wore that uniform you knew he was going to end up stuck on a planet somewhere.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... okay, you can now get CDs burned (or is it pressed?) with any given songs you want on 'em, instead of having to buy the entire CD. Think we'll ever see the day we can get DVDs with certain episodes and not others? i.e. the four or five good S7 eps?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably, but not for a little while. I imagine we'll eventually see the same sort of thing that some music companies are now doing; online databases of films/TV shows which can be downloaded for a fee and then burned onto a disc. Of course, that leads to all sorts of problems with people putting up pirate copies that can be downloaded for free, but I'm sure TPTB will find a way around that.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not true, Lee. He wore it for the second time ever in "Disaster", where he spent most of the episode in a turbolift.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Hmm... okay, you can now get CDs burned (or is it pressed?) with any given songs you want on 'em, instead of having to buy the entire CD. Think we'll ever see the day we can get DVDs with certain episodes and not others? i.e. the four or five good S7 eps?

Ask your local illegal software dealer (aka the Internet).

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was still wearing it in season 7. Off the top of my head, I remember him wearing it in "Attached" (because he takes the jacket part off at one point). I suspect he wore it in "Parallels", but I'm not sure. And there's almost certainly more.

I also agree that it appeared to be a more casual uniform, except that in Attached, he was wearing it to go to a formal UFP membership meeting.

Possibly it was just a perk all Captain's got. Like the waistcoat for the FC uniforms that seemed to also be Captain-only.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, forgot the <facetious></facetious> tags. . . It just seemed that whenever he wore that getup, something like that would happen.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being trapped in an turbolift is similar to being trapped on a planet, I suppose.

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
It was kinda a precursor to the DS9 uniforms.

Er, how? The DS9 uniforms were jumpsuits, whereas this was a shirt + jacket. Unless you mean the FC uniforms, but even then the only similarity is that it had bumpy shoulders.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They just (the FC versions, I think of as more DS9) just split at the collar in a way that invokes the jacket uniform.
To me anyway.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

You are rubbish. Did Picard ever do up that jacket? And why did he wear it on planets. Doesn't he know that rain ruins suede?

--------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they both involved a non-departmental blue-grey-ish color as well...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
You are rubbish. Did Picard ever do up that jacket? And why did he wear it on planets. Doesn't he know that rain ruins suede?

That's where the joys of Replicators come in: just recycle the old one and tell the computer to make you a new one!
I'd never wear the same clothes twice!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That jacket could be done up - however I only remember it being done up once, when he goes to meet the dying Sarek in "Unification Part I". Other than that, I take it to be no different than the hip green uniforms that Kirk wore on and off in alternation with the more standard uniform, since the first TOS season. Or, for that matter, the bomber jackets that he and Scotty wore in a couple of the movies, or any of the endless variations seen in TMP.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did McCoy get special permission from Admiral Nogura in TMP for the size of his lapels? [Smile]
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps