Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » You have got to be fucking kidding me - $$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: You have got to be fucking kidding me - $$$
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although DS9 did have some great titles. Just compare all three series finale episode titles. "All Good Things..." is a really good title, that Dawson's Creek also used (was TNG the first to use it?). "What You Leave Behind" is also good, although not quite as great as the TNG effort.

And for Voyager, we get "Endgame", one of the oldest and most cliched episode titles out there.

But, er, what were we talking about again?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The Changing Face of Evil" was DS9, BTW. Perhaps we should have a thread for The Best Ever Episode Title, Ever. I'm not sure what my vote would be, but I just love the Futurama title "Roswell That Ends Well." 8)

I always thought the Voyager finale should be called "The Long and Winding Road." I'm not sure why. Don't think there's ever been a Beatles reference in Trek. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, what the heck. . .

http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/12/460.html

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"B5 did have a few one-word titles."

And because I am just DYING to one-up Liam:

S1:
Infection
Believers
Survivors
TKO
Grail
Eyes
Legacies
Chrysalis

S2:
Revelations
GROPOS
Knives

S3:
Convictions
Exogenesis
Walkabout

S4:
Epiphanies
Atonement
Endgame

See anything as egregious as "One" there, Beard Boy? Eh? EH? Didn't think so. Well, except "Endgame", but at least JMS can be forgiven for his lapse in creativity. B)

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They'll probably start doing episode titles:

"A"
"B"
"C"
"D"

etc.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Informative post Andrew.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I try. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or... they can stop naming episodes altogether, a'la "Friends". [Smile]

And yes... thread name pretty much sums what I thought about "Dear Doctor" episode idea.

I guess they run out of good episodes to ste... um, "pay homage to", so they are switching to bad ones...

Although "One" wasn't that bad, wasn't it? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm,
Along with Friends, Nikita had fun with the whole episode naming thing.
IIRC, their episode titles had as many words in them as the current season.
e.g. one word for season 1, two words for season 2, etc.

Not knowing much about the show, I hope they didn't get to season 7 or anything [Wink]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blackadder The Third also imitated Jane Austin novels, with titles like "Dish and Dishonesty".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, specifically, two Jane Austen novels.

(As opposed to the celebrated western novelist, Jane Austin. I'll bet that webpage is extremely funny if you are a huge 19th century literature nerd.)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Do you just have a huge list of web-pages like this stored just in case a semi-humorous situation arises?

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I came across it while doublechecking my knowledge of Jane Austen novels, which is, on its own, limited to knowing that she wrote some.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Suuuuuuure you did.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps