Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Delphic Expanse (Spoilers Through "Azati Prime!") (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Delphic Expanse (Spoilers Through "Azati Prime!")
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I just saw it. Did anyone else see the end of "Azati Prime" and think of Andromeda's "It's Hour Come Round At Last"?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which one was that again? The one where the Andromeda got beat to shit by the Magog (again)? I think that was the last episode I watched...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, S1 finale. They find the worldship and get massive holes blown in them, and odds are EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIE!!!!!

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by J:
We obviously know now that Daniels is not from the same timeline as TOS, TNG, and the rest. An expanding void in space like the Expanse would be a known problem. So if Daniels sticks around at all, then the future is irrevocably changed from the one we've known about for so long.

You are right. I mean, I can just see how, in the middle of racing to the Battle of Worf 359, Riker would take time to worry about how the Dephic Expanse might have gotten a little bigger.

Or when Bashir was pretending to be James Bond, he should probably have told Garek about the Delphic Expanse, and how it is larger than it was yesterday. In case Garek didn't know.

It'd be as crazy as not mentioning that barrier around the edge of the galaxy for the whole of TNG.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
I can't help but feeling a sense of dread that most of the little threads be dropped when it comes to finally explaining FutureGuy and his role in everything. Such as, what does causing a Klingon Civil War have to do with any of this? That was apparently his intent in Broken Bow. And how do the Suliban play in?

As to whether the Delphic Expanse exists in later decades and centuries... I guess that depends on whether or not Archer destroys it before the end of the series.

As far as how starting a Klingon Civil War might play into the overall scenario maybe Future Guy was trying to weaken the Klingon Empire who in the future join the Federation and fight the Sphere Builders (There is a Vor'cha Class Attack Cruiser in the Enterprise-J scenes) if he is on the Sphere Builder's side.

If you believe he is secretly trying to protect the founding of the Federation (I still don't fully trust Daniels and know whether or not Future Guy is really the "Bad Guy") then perhaps by trying to weaken the Klingon Empire in the 22'nd century this distracts them from invading Human territory before the founding of the Federation when the Humans can properly defend themselves with help from there allies. The Klingons certainly seemed hostile enough to Humans to cause them to invade Human space at this time if they didn't have there own internal problems to deal with.

As far as whether the Delphic Expanse exists in the time of TOS - TNG/DS9/VOY there was an article that came out at the end of last season where Braga said (paraphrasing) "There is a reason why no one in the future has ever heard of the Delphic Expanse". Take that for what you will but I see that as evidence that the Expanse will be completely eradicated from space if not from time. But then again it's Braga so things could change drastically later on.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps