Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Woof. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Woof.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Sheltie would be nice, but...bias...yeah.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they've messed up travel times before, but compressing what should be a 14.4-year round trip into a couple days? About the only time they've screwed up worse than that was ST5...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hang on Tim. This is what's been pissing me off..

This was a thread that was, for better of worse, about Archer's dog. Then you post

"Going to Rigel and back at warp five, are they? I guess we don't need to worry about continuity, then. If that happens in the first episode, then, by the second episode, the Romulan War will be over, and the Federation will be four-and-a-half years old..."

What the hell does that have to do with the thread? It's posts like that which are making it impossible to discuss Enterprise without every single thread ending up on an argument about "The ship looking like the Akira" or "Continuity is fucked".

If you have a problem with the speeds, start a thread saying "Warp scale problems in Enterprise". Don't just randomly post it in other threads. Okay?

(Phew. I just told off an Admin. I might be dead in the morning. It was nice knowing you all.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was? Well, speak for yourself. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, I used to piss him off daily, but look at me, I'm still here!

[Edit: Not that I don't still have the utmost respect and admiration for him...hehe ]

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Worship me.

No, I know it had wandered off into talking about animals and weirdness. I don't have a problem with threads wandering (since I'm responsible for it half the time), but really, the warp speed thing came out of nowhere. And since it's happening in pretty much every other Enterprise thread, it's beginning to annoy me.

Raargh!

That was me being annoyed.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

HappyTarget
Member # 670

- posted      Profile for HappyTarget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a thought, but taking a pet of anykind into space on earths first major starship just seems odd to me. Think of what happenes when you have to take him out for exercise, and how would the dog "do his buisness" without a park or fire hydrant? I can picture it now, Ananamous (sp?) red shirt to level 4 section 3A, no, your not beaming down to the new planet, but you may wish you were! While I think that Archer would be a large dog kind of guy, most likely he'll get a small one because their easier to controll on set.

--------------------
Jack O'Neal - I like their style. Shoot first, send flowers later.

Todd Flanders - Ow, my fricken ears!

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One device: pooper-scooper.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thoughts of "Crimson Tide" and some poor seaman holding the leash for the skipper's dog while it pisses on a missile tube come to mind.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Liam: Did you read the article linked to in the first post? That's what the speeds have to do w/ this thread. I'm not going to start a new thread just for a single post to bitch about something. If I were bringing something up for discussion, I would.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A dog onboard a starship isn't that bad. True Data had Spot for 7 years, but we've seen puppies on the Enterprise-D and Janeway has her dogs. Then again puppies are small and the Enterprise-D has that plant place and Janeway left her dogs with Mark. But I'm sure there will be a logical explaination to it.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I did go and read it, and recalled fond memories of the muckerhounds.

One for all, and all for one!

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps