Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » Tom's fashion report, m'kay... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Tom's fashion report, m'kay...
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
with colors like purple and yellow and blue and green

New thought: Could this mean "purple with yellow stripes" and "blue with green stripes"?

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*hates posting consecutively*

Came across a hugeass image of Archer and his pips. They're very three-d, quite different to the TNG ones. And well, could they possibly be multicoloured??

Granted, it might be a glitch in the vidcapping or a bizarre reflection off something on the bridge, but, um, look for yourself:

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look to be 3-D rectangles with tapered edges...Lord, I hope they're silver and not crystal or anything transparent...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll resurrect this dying thread.

I took a look at the third UPN Enterprise promo, and they had some uniform close-ups. Malcolm Reed does wear red division stripes. So red definitely is ship's services. Sato is wearing an aqua color for division strips. The scene of Dr. Phlox had him wearing a lab suit or leisure clothes (couldn't really tell).

So, if they are maintaining a continuity with the TOS division colors, aqua is the one for sciences. But why would Sato be wearing aqua? My guess is that at this point in space travel, communications is more a scientific path since the universal translater isn't really developed and Earth is still encountering a lot of new races without knowing their language.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Sieggy beat me to posting about what we see in the new batch of promos, but here goes some more pondering.

(Images were posted by some rather nice fellow to the trekbbs.)

Firstly, yes, Sato's in teal. I like.

Secondly, it looks pretty clear that the services dept. colour is in fact a magenta. I think the writer at zap2it was referring to these when he said "purple." Reed is clearly a Lieutenant.

Thirdly, a good close-up of Admiral Forrest's uniform, which shows a fold-over collar on the jacket part and what looks like magenta outlined with white (!) division colours. Bizarre. The white might be shiny gold that's reflecting under lights, but it's still a little weird.

Some bonus pics of T'Pol and Phlox.

And finally, a good shot of the away team jacket. Looks like it's all shiny stuff after all, and not leather. Bizarre.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably Gortex.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at that picture of Admiral Forrest, I noticed something about his rank pins. His three pips don't appear to be in a box like the TNG admiral rank pins were. In fact, it looks like the only way to distinguish between line officer and flag officer is that the flag officer has rank pins on both shoulders. Interesting.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Away Jacket, Vulcan-style

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

And on another note...
quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
If hooded jumping guy = Archer's belle then Roseanne Arnold = Supermodel.

Well, um, *eats words* the chick he's kissing is certainly rather Sulibanish.

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

*coughsplutterstupidnetscape*

[ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

quote:
Well, um, *eats words* the chick he's kissing is certainly rather Sulibanish.

Uh huh.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps