Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » (Spoiler) Hanger deck in next week's Voyager episode (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: (Spoiler) Hanger deck in next week's Voyager episode
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

The preview showed a very nice picture of the hanger deck with, I think, at least three shuttlecrafts and several Klingons. Does anyone have a screencap and can we work to identify the class or name of these ships? Thank you.

(Just a nibble until next week. I surely hope that they have a new Klingon design.)

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or an old one, chronologically speaking.

What's the current word? Would the Klingons have been underway for three generations? How long is a Klingon generation? If one counts using natural life expectancy, the ship could be 300 years old - pre-TOS, perhaps even pre-Fed. If one counts from birth to procreation, as is usual, and Alexander was in his advanced teens physically at the chronological age of eight, it could be just 25 years old...

Timo Saloniemi

[This message has been edited by Timo (edited February 01, 2001).]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Klingons have an average natural life expectancy that is over 100 years, I believe. I would guess that few make it that long, but still...

------------------
"You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ole' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute. I've heard that the average life expectance of a Klingon was less than that of an average human.

------------------
If anyone has a Star wars action fleet E-wing starfighter or Tie defender toy they want to sell, please E-mail me at [email protected]

IP: Logged
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but that would include the part where the Klingon gets hacked to pieces by another Klingon. "Natural" life expectancy would be how old a Klingon gets if he happens to win all his duels - the three TOS Klingons Kor, Kang and Koloth seem to have lived at least a hundred and thirty years, assuming they were 25 or so in TOS (although they looked much older in TOS by human standards, we know Klingons mature fast and look like teenagers at age eight).

I guess the writers of the next ep are using a standard 25-year generation, meaning the ship is about 75 years old and thus probably another K't'inga. It would be really cool to see another design from that era, though.

Timo Saloniemi

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spoiler

Unfortunately, the spoiler only showed the ship twice: As it decloaks, and as it blows up. Couldn't get a reliable look either way. Guess I'll just have to wait another week!

------------------
Star Trek: Legacy

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looked like a D7/K't'inga to me when the thing blew up. It had the characteristic "wings" at the back.

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Mustang Class Starship Development Project

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked over the mpeg very closely (too bad I can't preintscreen it) and its clearly a K'tinga or a very, very similar ship... from the front you can see the typical stripe of lights across the head, and as mentioned above, the back is also very K'tingian.

Also, considering this puppy has a cloak, it ought to be interesting to see if we can get a new earliest date of Klingon ships having cloaks from the ep.

------------------
"People have the right to discriminate based on religion."
"There is no "seperation of church and state" in the Constitution"
-Omega, Jan 26 and 30, respectively

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you post it or email it to me??

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a pic of the shuttlebay... http://www.avalonsector.com/uploads/solareclipse/vgr_shuttlebay.jpg
Here's a pic of the K'Tinga (sp?) decloaking: http://www.avalonsector.com/uploads/solareclipse/ktingscrn.jpg
Here's a pic of th K'Tinga (sp?) blowing up: http://www.avalonsector.com/uploads/solareclipse/ktinga_blow.jpg
Quite definately a K'Tinga (sp?)

------------------
-Kyle Batson
Lightwave Member/Future3D Member
[URL=http://www.dawn-of-future.com]Dawn of Future Moderator

Invictus3D Administrator
Avalon Sector Webmaster
Avalon Sector Forums Chief Administrator
Jared Designs Web Designer

[ HTML/UBB Code fixed ]

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited February 03, 2001).]

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shuttlebay pic needs the link fixed...

It looks like it to me, K'Tinga that is, or however the heck it is spelled...

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Timo
Member # 245

But is it the ca. 225m K't'inga we have learned to love, or the ca. 350m behemoth suggested in the DS9 TM? Here we could finally see the modern K't'inga next to a ship whose dimensions are well known and accepted - and probably the VFX people choose to show it from ambiguous angles so that we can't do a comparison! Damn.

Yeah, this could definitely help with the issue of when Klingons got cloaks for their cruisers, once we hear the exact timeline of the events.

Timo Saloniemi

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We might be able to tell depending on how many Klingons are on the ship. I seem to remember reading a spoiler that said the crew size of Voyager would triple or something with all these Klingons aboard, which would mean roughly 300 Klingons.

------------------
"No, 3 & 6 are mandatory, so you can do them if you want"

Alex, fellow classmate, trying to explain an assignment (2/2/01)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the brief synopsis of the episode available at startrek.com, the Klingon ship's crew compliment is "over 200". Though, considering the events of the episode, that may not be average.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fixed that shuttlebay link.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps